"Battle of the Border Bell" NDSU Rivalry Dual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post

I have to think he would get one if he wanted it; he's been out all year. I'm not sure of his interest in sticking around, he twitter sure does seem to indicate a love for the sport. Laken Cook also has another year if he wants it. I suppose him walking on senior night means that he doesn't. It's a shame, I always thought that he would break through this year until the injury.

You have to admire this group. There's was probably about half a scholarship between the five of them out of high school and they all managed to make their careers into something that mattered. What a tough group of young men.
    Wait a minute, didn't you say you lived in WV? How in the heck would you know what Martin is planning on doing after this year as far as a medical red shirt? If you don't know it's better to just not type.

Comment

I have to think he would get one if he wanted it; he's been out all year. I'm not sure of his interest in sticking around, he twitter sure does seem to indicate a love for the sport.
      Tough to consider this speculating - I don't feel like Wombat said anything out of line at all. He's basically saying he doesn't know if Martin is interested in sticking around for a sixth year at SDSU - which is a pretty rational question to consider - and saying that Mueller's public social media accounts show that he loves the sport.

"I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Tanner Cook got some love on FRL from Bratke and Bray. Askren even asked about his Gator Bacon and came away impressed. If somebody gets Gator Bacon'ed the rest of the year, then they clearly did not prepare at all.
        "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by KSjack View Post

Lol so Metz Weber and franek all have a bonus point percentage of 30.77 or below this year but now for a rivalry match they are gonna put on the jets and get bonus? Please! Sykora has a 50% bonus and ya if he locks up his tilts he could bonus but I hope to got that Hahn and co and game planning heavy for that not to happen. Fogarty has a 70% bonus this year but it really wouldn’t surprise me if we bump cook and insert O’Neil in essentially compete but don’t get bonused situation. Sloan and Carlson are both 50% bonus rate with a much more favorable matchups. Pohlmeyer is 40% bonus. Overall, I think it’s gonna be a good rivalry dual that the jacks win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Metz, Weber, and Franek have the advantage of being matched up against the worst three wrestlers in the line-up. I say that Metz "can beat up Wolters" because he's pinned and majored people who are much better than Wolters already this year and he was one point from majoring him (9-2, which I would classify as "beating him up") this year in an open when bonus points didn't matter. I said that Franek "should be favored to get bonus points" Franek beat Carlson 15-8 this year already, I suspect that whoever his backup is won't fair much better. He has teched and majored much better wrestlers than Jordan. I said that Weber "could get bonus" at 174. He certainly could He just pinned Dinette Stanford who seems to be a better wrestler on paper than either Hawkins of King and was beat Martino 10-3 and I am sure that he is a much better wrestler than either Hawkins or King. It's admirable that you took the time to run the statistics, but I don't think that they mean as much as you are implying that they do. Also, I could do without the condensation, it was harder than normal to stay civil while writing this.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post

Tough to consider this speculating - I don't feel like Wombat said anything out of line at all. He's basically saying he doesn't know if Martin is interested in sticking around for a sixth year at SDSU - which is a pretty rational question to consider - and saying that Mueller's public social media accounts show that he loves the sport.

To be fair, I've been pretty active in stirring the pot around here to get some conversation going. It makes sense that I would ruffle some feathers. But, as a caveat to all posts past and future, all speculation is just that. I have no source anywhere and am just making educated guesses. If you can't opine about wrestlers' futures, wrestling message boards get pretty boring.

Comment

Metz, Weber, and Franek have the advantage of being matched up against the worst three wrestlers in the line-up. I say that Metz "can beat up Wolters" because he's pinned and majored people who are much better than Wolters already this year and he was one point from majoring him (9-2, which I would classify as "beating him up") this year in an open when bonus points didn't matter. I said that Franek "should be favored to get bonus points" Franek beat Carlson 15-8 this year already, I suspect that whoever his backup is won't fair much better. He has teched and majored much better wrestlers than Jordan. I said that Weber "could get bonus" at 174. He certainly could He just pinned Dinette Stanford who seems to be a better wrestler on paper than either Hawkins of King and was beat Martino 10-3 and I am sure that he is a much better wrestler than either Hawkins or King. It's admirable that you took the time to run the statistics, but I don't think that they mean as much as you are implying that they do. Also, I could do without the condensation, it was harder than normal to stay civil while writing this.
              Weber is average if even a little below that. Jacks at 174 aren't any better, but it's not like Weber is a world beater.

Wolters has wrestled guys a lot better than Metz to close losses the last month. If he keeps his head, he can hold Metz to a low scoring match.

Comment

Wolters has been wrestling a lot better now than at the beginning of the year and almost seems like Metz has been falling off. There’s a possibility but off current matches find it a very small percentage of happening unless wolters keeps walking into tosses. Franek is solid from his feet but not a lot on the mat which decreases his bonus chances a lot. I like how you bring up the Carlson results when it’s been on here multiple times that he’s been wrestling through injuries so the result is there but that wasn’t the best version of colt and Franek missed the bonus. Jordan looked good dropping down against Stanford and wouldn’t surprise me if he keeps it within a takedown of not pull it off in frost. Also I think we will bump cook and see him take out Weber. My guess is O’Neil will be told to keep it as close to a decision as possible but wouldn’t be mad with a major. Really need Carlson to bonus at 184. One to watch for a bonus is vega in my opinion if he can get his tilts going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Metz and Wolters have wrestled 4 times and Wolters hasn't been bonused by him since the first time they wrestled when he got pinned. Wolters hasn't gotten bonused since he wrestled Steveson and has lost three 1 point matches to top 20 wrestlers on wrestle stat since Steveson

Comment

Thoughts on dual:

-Vega can't afford to lose that match, might have costed SDSU the dual
                    -Price is hot and cold, was getting titled way too easily
                    -Henry not getting a turn really hurt. At some point you need to try and get a bonus from the feet
                    -O'Neill battling back to a regular decision loss against a stud was big
                    -Refs refuse to slap the mat against Cook now. Inexcusable, they need to know it's coming and get in position at this point
                    -Carlson gutting out a tech was pure guts
                    -Why does Sloan not get tilts anymore?
                    -All this talk about whether Metz would bonus Wolters and only for Metz to stall the whole 3rd to win by 1

Comment

I have to say, Zack Carlson's slam was maybe the worst decision that I've seen a jackrabbit wrestler make all year. I don't know it if was malicious or if he thought he could finish the double like that, but it's just a really poor logical decision. Best case scenario, he scores a takedown on a wrestler who he can take down at will. Worst case scenario, he hurts him, the team takes six points putting the dual out of reach and the penalty prevents him from competing at big 12s his senior year. He's gotta know better than that. I don't think it's indicative of his character, he's usually pretty level headed, but that was bad.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Thoughts on dual:

-Vega can't afford to lose that match, might have costed SDSU the dual
                        -Price is hot and cold, was getting titled way too easily
                        -Henry not getting a turn really hurt. At some point you need to try and get a bonus from the feet
                        -O'Neill battling back to a regular decision loss against a stud was big
                        -Refs refuse to slap the mat against Cook now. Inexcusable, they need to know it's coming and get in position at this point
                        -Carlson gutting out a tech was pure guts
                        -Why does Sloan not get tilts anymore?
                        -All this talk about whether Metz would bonus Wolters and only for Metz to stall the whole 3rd to win by 1
                        It's just baffling why Cook's not getting the fall calls...

Comment

Working...
                        X