Clay Carlson vs. Real Woods 9
    Henry Pohlmeyer 10 vs. Requir Van Der Merwe
    Peyton Smith vs. Tyler Eischens
    Tanner Cook 25 vs. Shane Griffith 3
    Cade King vs. Foster Karmon
    Zach Carlson 17 vs. Nick Addison
    Tanner Sloan 19 vs. Nathan Traxler 13
    Blake Wolters vs. David Showunmi

Both Weekend Duals are going to be highly contested. Should be fun.

#makefrostloud

Jacks really solid tonight

Comment

That was a total butt whooping by the jacks. Stanford was actually slightly favored in this match

Comment

Somebody more in tune with wrestling explain to me why Cook was bumped up a class for this dual. Wouldn't you welcome an opportunity to wrestle a ranked guy to learn and see where your at?

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
          Somebody more in tune with wrestling explain to me why Cook was bumped up a class for this dual. Wouldn't you welcome an opportunity to wrestle a ranked guy to learn and see where your at?
          Cook wasn't beating the #3 guy and 174 is most likely going to lose so they bumped Cook up to 174 to get a win
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Pohlmeyer, SDSU’s highest ranked guy, gets second consecutive forfeit win.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post

Cook wasn't beating the #3 guy and 174 is most likely going to lose so they bumped Cook up to 174 to get a win
              well how do you know until you try? Winning these duals are nice but in the grand scheme of things do they really mean that much? I just figured Tanner would of liked a shot at him.

Comment

Coach Hahn explains it in the post match press conference. Witness was spot on.
                https://youtu.be/OUgI3gsVl8M

Comment

well how do you know until you try? Winning these duals are nice but in the grand scheme of things do they really mean that much? I just figured Tanner would of liked a shot at him.
                  The #3 wrestler isn't going to get caught in a gator bacon if he's ready for it and 174 been iffy all year. Dual meets are more about team anyways

Comment

The #3 wrestler isn't going to get caught in a gator bacon if he's ready for it and 174 been iffy all year. Dual meets are more about team anyways
                    Fair enough.

Comment

The Jacks looked good tonight but it sure would have been good to see more than three of Stanford's regular starters out there. I suppose it's good to get an easy match every now and then.

Comment

FloWrestling showing respect to Frost Arena's crowd
                        https://twitter.com/_davidbray/statu...828448258?s=21

Comment

FloWrestling showing respect to Frost Arena's crowd
                          https://twitter.com/_davidbray/statu...828448258?s=21
                          It was fun to be a part of it last night. If I lived closer wrestling would be the first season tickets I would buy. The wrestling crowd does not mess around!

Comment

Fair enough.
                            Don’t think it was anything like that. It was a strategy move in my opinion. If Stanford brought their regular line up this would of been a very tight dual. Stanford was down townsell 133 woods 141 eischens 157. All three of them would of been favorited in my opinion. Then if you leave cook at 165 he would of been a big underdog and their 174 lber would of been favorited over king too. That turns the match into a 5-5 split. Instead we bump cook to gain the advantage at 174 and insert O’Neil at 165. 6-4 split. Instead Stanford left their guys at home and got a butt whoopin for it. Think even if they brought their guys we still would of won. Really liked the way we competed today.

On a side note: does anybody know if Jordan is our permanent 157 moving forward? I think we will be fine with either colt or Jordan but just curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Colton Carlson is injured.

Comment

Working...
                              X