Recruits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post

I am guessing Iowa but pure speculation on my part (Marshall Hauck?).
    Kole Marko? Hahn liked this tweet. Younger brother of Hunter I assume?
    https://twitter.com/marko_kole/statu...932807170?s=21
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Hahn liked a tweet early this morning about a Wisconsin kid winning a state title. It was before they announced the commit so I didn't pay much attention and now I can't find it back.
      Has to be the younger brother of Hunter Marko who transferred from Minnesota to SDSU this year right?

Comment

• Someone out of Iowa it appears according to Hahns twitter post of #iowajacks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Agreed on the Iowa Jack. Marko's brother is a Sophomore (I think) and this was a class of 2020 recruit.

Comment

• Marshall Hauck I believe is the name from Lisbon Iowa, 152lb state champ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cody Caldwell
              @caldwell_cody
              ·
              8h
              It’s a great day to be a Jackrabbit

Outstanding late addition to our 2020

class #GetJacked
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by witness View Post
                There is exactly one wrestler going to SDSU at the state tournament in Lucas Anglin and he was in a ho hum match so there wouldn't be many posts about the state tournament. Not surprised there isn't a bunch of posts about the state tournament.
                So let me get this straight. March wins 6-3 and it's a DOGFIGHT and Anglin wins 5-2 and it's ho-hum? I haven't watched final with Anglin yet, but shouldn't he be whooping up on SD kids too?

Also, did anyone see the Tyson Johnson/ Max Sailor match? How Johnson not awarded a point for an escape there. He completely broke free with 2 seconds left.

Comment

I am guessing Iowa but pure speculation on my part (Marshall Hauck?).
                  Marshall Hauck it is.
                  https://twitter.com/marshall_hauck/s...389902336?s=21

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

So let me get this straight. March wins 6-3 and it's a DOGFIGHT and Anglin wins 5-2 and it's ho-hum? I haven't watched final with Anglin yet, but shouldn't he be whooping up on SD kids too?

Also, did anyone see the Tyson Johnson/ Max Sailor match? How Johnson not awarded a point for an escape there. He completely broke free with 2 seconds left.
                    As I said before, I was more just ribbing TheWombat about March more than anything and said it was just close a fight. I'll have to rewatch the johnson/sailor match and look for that.

Comment

Rewatched the match. I understand your point but also understand why they didn’t award the escape.

Comment

Rewatched the match. I understand your point but also understand why they didn’t award the escape.
                        What is the rule?

Comment

What is the rule?
                          There are definitely more knowledgeable people out there than me. Was he completely free and clear and in a position to be able to defend against being taken down. As it shows, if the action (clock) would have been even a sec more he would have been taken down again. You can hear the coaches say “he faced up” so they were looking for the escape as well.

Comment

Des Moines article on him. Was going D2/D3 before SDSU came along. Went 47-4 this and won 1A 152 state title this year and is projected to wrestle at 165. Also won the state team dual championship for his team with a pin

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...te/4923133002/

Comment

There is exactly one wrestler going to SDSU at the state tournament in Lucas Anglin and he was in a ho hum match so there wouldn't be many posts about the state tournament. Not surprised there isn't a bunch of posts about the state tournament.
                              Anglin was one of three future Jackrabbits to win state titles that day (the other two looked really good actually). Last year we picked up both Schoon and Orris after seeing them at the state tournament their senior year so and I suspect we'll grab another one or two this yearl. Then of course there are all of the wrestlers who could be recruited in the future. When it's all said and done, I'd guess that there were five to ten future jackrabbits wrestling at the SD state tournament and probably another five to ten in Minnesota. Most important recruiting day of the year.

Comment

Des Moines article on him. Was going D2/D3 before SDSU came along. Went 47-4 this and won 1A 152 state title this year and is projected to wrestle at 165. Also won the state team dual championship for his team with a pin

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...te/4923133002/
                                It looks like he was a recruit from Nevada where he took 4th as a junior. I don't know if that helps his stock or hurts it, but it's interesting. He seems like a grinder and he's chippy, but so was Brance Simms and he was one of my favorite wrestlers. It will be interesting to see if the coaching staff can make anything out of him or not, he seems driven and coachable.

Comment

Working...
                                X