Iowa State Dual Friday 7PM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa State Dual Friday 7PM

Iowa State has done a good job of rebuilding under Dresser and Co. I see a lot of tightly contested matches and hopefully Frost can supply some magic and push the Jacks to keeping the streak alive.

People are starting to see what's going on up here. FloWrestling was tweeting about it Sunday.

I think if it comes down to Blake we need to come up with a chant to replace Macki, Macki, Macki.

See you at Frost.

Re: Iowa State Dual Friday 7PM

Flo today.

South Dakota State Takes Out Wyoming and #14 UNI

Damion Hahn's SDSU Jackrabbits had a fantastic weekend with wins over #14 UNI on Friday night and Wyoming on Sunday. The Jackrabbits entered the weekend without much fanfare but used a series of upsets to earn two big wins.
    One big SDSU upset came on Friday night at 125 when Danny Vega started the dual with a 10-6 win over #18 Jacob Schwarm. A few matches later at 149, #17 Henry Pohlmeyer took out #7 Max Thomsen. Despite the lower ranking, Pohlmeyer is now 3-0 against Thomsen in their college careers.
    While SDSU used upsets to take out UNI on Friday, they used bonus points to get the job done against Wyoming on Sunday. Danny Vega earned a technical fall at 125 over Jacob Svihel. Those two bonus points were more than the one Cole Moody earned for his major decision at 165. Since the teams won five matches apiece, that was enough for SDSU to finish the weekend with two wins and demonstrate that they're headed in the right direction.

Comment

Realistically how many matches should we win in this one?

Comment

SDSU 3 ISU 5 and 2 not for sure. Is my thought. I think the 133 rematch could be the decider for this dual. We'll see on Friday.

What's everyone else thinking?

Comment

I hope there is a good crowd on Friday. Things got out of hand early for the Minnesota dual and cancelled out much of the atmosphere. Hope this can remain close so the crowd can get involved.

Comment

ON PAPER - SDSU favored at 149 if Degen is still out, 184, 197. Similar to UNI. WTS that should be highly contested 125, 165. Damn, paper doesn't look good. So, I'll take the jacks at all 10 weights.

Comment

However it turns out I'm just really happy that (for me anyway) SDSU wrestling matches now are back up there as "must see tv" right alongside basketball. I didn't get much value out of a Flowrestling subscription last year but this year it's definitely worth it.

Thanks for posting the matchup details. It makes it a lot more fun to watch when you know which matches are critical.

Comment

I’ll throw out my thoughts
                125 Toss up, Vega has shown he can wrestle with the top ranked guys
                133 Toss up, ISU’s Small is ranked #17 but Price I think can go with just about anyone
                141 ISU Favored here but Carlson is damn tough
                149 Toss up if Degan is back for ISU, otherwise Pohlymeyer is a heavy favorite against anyone else, Degan’s sister is from Del Rapids and she said he tore his peck muscle at CKLV I doubt he is back
                157 ISU heavily favored, Carr could be in the NCAA finals
                165 Toss up, Cook is must watch wrestling, extremely dangerous, needs to not force the throws and let them come a little more naturally
                174 ISU Favored, things don’t get any easier for King, he has had a ranked wrestler almost every match for the last month
                184 Toss up, both guys ranked about the same, should be a fun one
                197 Toss up, both guys ranked about the same, I like Sloan here to pick up a victory but on paper they are pretty even
                285 ISU Favored, Wolters has shown he can roll with the ranked guys just needs to find a way to close things out

Jacks definitely can win this dual but a lot of things need to go correctly for that to happen, I have it a 5-5 split in matches with a pin from Cook being the deciding factor

Comment

Had to look up ISU's Lineup as I have not followed them closely this year beyond David Carr. On paper they are stout! With Degen injured they still have 8 out of 10 starters ranked by Flo.

125. Alex Mackall #10 vs. Vega (Who should be ranked) --- Vega via Decision (Frost Advantage will push him over) - 0-3
                  133. Todd Small #17 vs. Zachy P --- Small via MD - 4-3
                  141. Ian Parker #7 vs. Clay --- Parker via close Decision - 7-3
                  149. Ryan Leisure (NR) vs. Henry #10 --- Henry via MD - 7-7
                  157. David Carr #3 vs. Colten --- Carr via Pin Fall - 13-7
                  165. Chase Straw (NR) vs. Tanner (Straw was '19 Big XII Champ at 157lbs) --- Tanner via Decision - 13-10
                  174. Sam Colbray #11 vs. Cade --- Colbray via TF - 18-10
                  184. Marcus Coleman #15 vs. Zach C #17 --- Zach via Decision - 18-13
                  197. Joel Shapiro #21 vs. Tanner S. #20 --- Tanner via Decision - 18-15
                  Hwt. Gannon Gremmel #12 vs. Blake --- Gremmel via Pin Fall - 24-15

*Not a great match-up for the guys with Henry having the only obvious advantage. Because this match is in Frost on a Friday, I'm expecting a LOUD Crowd to push Vega, Cook, Zach C., & Sloan to edge out close decisions in their swing bouts
                  *For those able to make it, Get Loud, Get Jacked and support these guys!!! Hahn is rebuilding something special and the guys are starting to show it!

Comment

It's nice to see some life in this site.

I can see both of the examples happening that you guys have listed. I do think that Price will keep it close and not get majored, he's been wrestling really well.

Big conference tournament implications for this dual!

Go Jacks I think we are going to Cubbys prior to get out throats wet so we can support the guys.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/JackrabbitW...6969602035655/

Comment

Wrestlestat has Iowa State winning 19-12.

http://blog.wrestlestat.com/2020/01/...-week-11-2020/

Comment

Confirmed that Degen will not be in lineup Friday. More positive note for us.
                          https://www.iowastatedaily.com/sport...4173b7889.html

Comment

Iowa State has come back a long ways from a few years ago. Nice work from the Jacks. Stayed home and watched on FLO unfortunately. I sure wish I could have heard how loud it was for Cook......

Comment

Vega match was the killer. Going from potentially winning the match to giving up the fall. He is a top 15 guy.

Comment

Working...
                              X