Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Weekend Duals UNI and Wyoming

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
    I think we're lucky in that big time jobs don't come around very often. SDSU is probably a top 20 job in terms of pay and support. Hahn also has family ties to the midwest. There probably aren't more than ten or so jobs that would be a better fit from him. I could see Cornell, Minnesota, Rutgers being interested in him with him reciprocating, but I don't see those jobs opening up in the next ten years unless Eggum really bombs or Koll retires early. Outside of those three jobs, I could maybe see him going to a well supported big ten program or another historically successful team but most of those teams look to hire people with connections to their respective program. I think that he is good enough to go to a bigger and better program, but there aren't many out there and the ones that do exist don't seem like they fit very well for him.
    He was an assistant at Cornell for a long time. As long as he is able to get kids to Brookings, facilities are upgraded and pay competitive I see him being here for a while. He is very different dude than Bozo.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      Hahn is going to at a big time program in 2 years. Bono left the team completely bare
      I thought he was suppose to be a big time recruiter. Didnt hid recruits stY or what. Just curious from someone who doesnt follow wrestling to say he left it bare.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

You can find out more about the past staff in some previous threads that should explain why the cupboard was bare.

Time to move on and quit worrying about the past coaches or what will happen in the future with our staff. Enjoy what you are able to see from our guys on the mat.

If you haven't been to a home dual, I'd encourage you to go. You may be pleasantly surprised at the fun environment.

Comment

Originally posted by stchrist View Post
          You can find out more about the past staff in some previous threads that should explain why the cupboard was bare.

Time to move on and quit worrying about the past coaches or what will happen in the future with our staff. Enjoy what you are able to see from our guys on the mat.

If you haven't been to a home dual, I'd encourage you to go. You may be pleasantly surprised at the fun environment.
          I have read through them but guess I dont recall anything different then most coaching changes.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            I thought he was suppose to be a big time recruiter. Didnt hid recruits stY or what. Just curious from someone who doesnt follow wrestling to say he left it bare.
            Not sure who stY is?
            Go and listen to some of the coaches Facebook live interviews w/ JD. Coaches have mentioned multiple times last year and this year how the “depth” was very low coming in last year. Wrestling isn’t just about the 10 starters you need depth at each of the weight classes.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              Not sure who stY is?
              Go and listen to some of the coaches Facebook live interviews w/ JD. Coaches have mentioned multiple times last year and this year how the “depth” was very low coming in last year. Wrestling isn’t just about the 10 starters you need depth at each of the weight classes.
              Stay. Fat finger typo.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                Not sure who stY is?
                Thanks. Just seemed like everyone loved his recruits at the time. Wasnt sure if some guys couldnt handle it or what. Aren't some of our better wrestlers his recruits? Henry P and Carlson I think. Again I'm a total outsider as far as wrestling. So it's not much different they tj leaving the mens team. Didnt develop depth and took the one for sure piece when he left? Seems tj left the cupboard bare compared to nagy leaving. So basically bono is shady and not much depth or experience then?

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Thanks. Just seemed like everyone loved his recruits at the time. Wasnt sure if some guys couldnt handle it or what. Aren't some of our better wrestlers his recruits? Henry P and Carlson I think. Again I'm a total outsider as far as wrestling. So it's not much different they tj leaving the mens team. Didnt develop depth and took the one for sure piece when he left? Seems tj left the cupboard bare compared to nagy leaving. So basically bono is shady and not much depth or experience then?
                  The only wrestlers in the line-up who were Bono's recruits are Colton Carlson, Zach Carlson, Henry Pohlmeyer and Blake Wolters. None of them were recruit that would warrant any fan fair. I think they have three state titles between them and none of them were ranked nationally or on any recruiting big boards. Colton was 8-17 the year that Bono left, Zach was 4-5, and Wolters was 15-14 wrestling almost exclusively in opens. Pohlmeyer was good, he was 23-11 and qualified for nationals but the success of the other can be attributed to the development facilitated by Hahn and his coaching staff not their status as top recruits. He did have some good recruit. Some of them he took with him (Gross, Brown) some of the bailed when he left (Peyton Robb) and some of them turned out to not be the recruits that we were hoping they would be (Alex Lloyd, Kevin Vough). Our team last year was composed of what Bono left for Hahn and their success speaks for itself.

Comment

The only wrestlers in the line-up who were Bono's recruits are Colton Carlson, Zach Carlson, Henry Pohlmeyer and Blake Wolters. None of them were recruit that would warrant any fan fair. I think they have three state titles between them and none of them were ranked nationally or on any recruiting big boards. Colton was 8-17 the year that Bono left, Zach was 4-5, and Wolters was 15-14 wrestling almost exclusively in opens. Pohlmeyer was good, he was 23-11 and qualified for nationals but the success of the other can be attributed to the development facilitated by Hahn and his coaching staff not their status as top recruits. He did have some good recruit. Some of them he took with him (Gross, Brown) some of the bailed when he left (Peyton Robb) and some of them turned out to not be the recruits that we were hoping they would be (Alex Lloyd, Kevin Vough). Our team last year was composed of what Bono left for Hahn and their success speaks for itself.
                    Thanks for the follow up.

Comment

Jacks beat Wyoming 17-16
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Sad to see that Tanner Cook isn't just going to pin everybody all the time. However it is good that he was able to consistently get off of his back without giving up points. It might be a good idea to rotate him with Jordan so people can't as easily game-plan for him.

Comment

Weekend Duals UNI and Wyoming

Sad to see that Tanner Cook isn't just going to pin everybody all the time. However it is good that he was able to consistently get off of his back without giving up points. It might be a good idea to rotate him with Jordan so people can't as easily game-plan for him.
                          Cook reminds me of Ness. Obviously he hasn't going to pin everybody but he has a chance to win every match. Jordan won't get it done at all. Cook is way better than Jordan
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                          X