MINNESOTA @ SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MINNESOTA @ SDSU

What do y'all think? Gonna be a good dual or are the rodents too much for the jacks?

Re: MINNESOTA @ SDSU

My response has nothing to do with my moniker or my birth state. Gophers will win easily. (Lineups listed below are from the Gophers website and their expected lineups.)

125: #19 Pat McKee (9-4) or Jake Gliva (5-4) vs. Kahlen Morris (2-3) or Danny Vega (7-3). I expect McKee to wrestle and he should win. He pinned Vega at the Bison Open in November. MN

133: Brent Jones (6-6) vs. Zach Price (4-5). This should be a competitive match that could go either way. They wrestled against each other last year with Price winning 11-7. Edge - MN

141: #2 Mitch McKee (15-1) vs. Clay Carlson (10-4). Carlson is one of our better wrestlers, but McKee is on a mission this year. McKee has two w's against Carlson this year by fall and 9-0. MN - big points

149: #5 Brayton Lee (13-1) vs. #15 Henry Pohlmeyer. One of the better matchups. They've never wrestled against each other in college, but have common opponents during last three years. Lee is 8-2 and Pohlmeyer is 9-3 in those matches. Coin flip

157: Carson Brolsma (7-6) or Kasper McIntosh (3-2) vs. Colten Carlson (2-2). Brolsma has beat Carlson 4 times, but they haven't squared off since 11/2017. McIntosh owns a 3-2 victory over Carlson in a match 13 months ago. Edge MN

165: Bailee O'Reilly (11-5) or Jake Allar (0-0) vs. Jordan (7-5) or O'Neil (7-3) or T. Cook (4-1). O'Reilly owns two victories over Jordan this year by a total of 3 points. O'Reilly has an 8-2 victory over O'Neil at Daktronics Open. Edge MN

174: #7 Devin Skatzka (16-3) vs. Cade King (7-5) or Kelby Hawkins (0-0). King will be good in future, but has lost by fall and TF to Skatzka this year. MN - big

184: #18 Owen Webster (12-3) or Hunter Ritter (11-2) vs. #17 Zach Carlson. Marquee matchup here! Carlson owns victories over both this year. He beat Webster 3-1 and fell Ritter. Edge - SDSU

197: Garrett Joles (7-6) or Dylan Anderson (5-3) vs. #19 Tanner Sloan (5-3). Sloan's adjustment from summer to college hasn't gone a strong as I expected. He does have a 16-3 win over Anderson. SDSU - big

285: Bobby Steveson (4-3) vs. Blake Wolters (6-7). Good thing it's not against younger brother Gable. Still expect B Steveson to dominate Wolters. Against common opponents Steveson is 3-0 and Wolters 1-2. MN

This will be Hahn's second go-round with his alma mater. I don't expect it to be too much closer than last year's 6-35 loss in Minneapolis.

Comment

So you are saying gophers win 7-8 matches and the jackrabbits win 2-3. Fair prediction for the dual.

I see it with my blue glasses on and predict a much different outcome.

Comment

We have 3 / Gophs have 4 and 3 are up for grabs. Frost can get loud...

Comment

I have the Jacks at 133, 157, 184, 197 and Hwt. 125 and 149 are our swing matches. This should be electrifying. Definitely winnable dual!

Comment

I like the way you think. How about 165?

Gophers will be super ready since they took a loss at home to Rider. They can't afford to take another "L" to someone like SDSU. Certainly a winnable dual but our margin of error is much less than UM's.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysJacked View Post
              I have the Jacks at 133, 157, 184, 197 and Hwt. 125 and 149 are our swing matches. This should be electrifying. Definitely winnable dual!
              Hope you are right but I just don't think we are quite there yet. I see 2-4 matches going our way.

Comment

Sounds like Gable might be back in the MN lineup.

Comment

Steveson was back and went back to his usual tricks. Lol
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

MINNESOTA @ SDSU

Dual was closer than the score indictated. 125, 149, and 157 were winnable matches and Clay Carlson wrestled Mitch McKee pretty well

Comment

Mueller was on the bench and looking fit. He looks like he could be back soon. I know people here want to try for a medical redshirt but maybe Mueller doesn't want to be at college another year. College wrestling is grueling

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Steveson was back and went back to his usual tricks. Lol
                        You mean like total domination ?

Comment

MINNESOTA @ SDSU

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                          You mean like total domination ?
                          No. Face mushing, slamming dudes out of bounds, and slapping the mat because he couldn't get a pin, etc. Stunting on a dude you are way better then isn't a good look

Comment

No. Face mushing, slamming dudes out of bounds, and slapping the mat because he couldn't get a pin, etc. Stunting on a dude you are way better then isn't a good look

First time I've seen him wrestle and that's what I saw. Wasn't impressed by it.

The bunch of MN fans sitting near me were getting a bit annoying at times. Kept calling for stalling when the wrestler on top has all his weight pressed into a guy's shoulder, neck, and head; there's a reason his face is in the mat. Also, they kept yelling at someone with a matside seat to sit down, and I kept yelling for him to stay standing. The guy supports his Jackrabbit wrestlers and should be able to show his excitement. They certainly didn't make me like Gopher wrestling fans.
                            Rollin' in my 5.0
                            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Well I seen some of that but mostly what I saw was a guy doing whatever he wanted to do whenever he wanted to do it. He picked up Blake and dropped him out of bounds, calling it slamming might be a stretch IMO.

Comment

Working...
                              X