• Show
Clear All

• jack power
    replied
    Re: Iowa State Head Coaching Position Open

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
    Officially official.
    http://cyclones.com/news/2017/2/20/d...ing-reins.aspx

"Pollard and Dresser agreed to a seven-year deal worth a total of $2.25 million in guaranteed salary plus incentives. His base salary for next year is $300,000. Similar to other high profile personnel announcements at Iowa State, the hiring is pending a university background check."
    Wow That's a lot of money for a wrestling coach. Good for them, great for SDSU

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Officially official.

"Pollard and Dresser agreed to a seven-year deal worth a total of $2.25 million in guaranteed salary plus incentives. His base salary for next year is $300,000. Similar to other high profile personnel announcements at Iowa State, the hiring is pending a university background check."
    A Humbolt Iowa native along with late newscaster Harry Reasoner. Thanks goes to Dresser for taking the job. We keep Bono. It works for me.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

According to Dresser he has yet to make a decision. He will be announcing on Monday if he will indeed accept the Ia St head coaching job.
    Officially official.

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

According to Dresser he has yet to make a decision. He will be announcing on Monday if he will indeed accept the Ia St head coaching job.

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

I know we consider ourselves a mid-major school, but when you listen to Bono talk, he doesn't see the wrestling program as a mid-major. He sees it as a rising program so close to being a major program for wrestling. He believes in the school, program, and wrestlers and believes he will make a national program here. We may think, "Yeah, right" but look what he has already done with the program. What will it look like in 5 years from now, or even 2?

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Definitely good news but as long as Bono keeps building the program there will be others calling. That is life as a mid-major. It's not a bad thing as we will attract good candidates when that time happens. Don't get me wrong, I hope he is here long term.

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

He (Dresser) has accepted.
    http://www.iowastatedaily.com/sports...6110bf2fd.html

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Guess we don't have to worry about losing Bono to the Cyclones - Dresser has taken the job.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

The article doesn't say if he has shown any interest in the job, or if Iowa State just decided to go after him. It's kind of a touchy situation while the season is still going on with the post-season right around the corner. Would ISU need to ask permission from VT before they could offer ?

Leave a comment:

• UWMandSDSU
    replied

Iowa State has offered head coaching position to Va Tech head coach, Kevin Dresser. Dresser is from Iowa, grew up 90 minutes from Ames. Wrestled at Iowa. Last two years some have thought Iowa has avoided wrestling Va Tech in the Dual Series.
    http://www.flowrestling.org/article/...n#.WKiLCetOKrU
    Last edited by UWMandSDSU; 02-18-2017, 12:28 PM.

Leave a comment:

• THE PRIDE IS BACK!!!
    replied

Just wanted to share this week's Jacked Up Monday video. Skip ahead to 6:05 to hear Coach Bono give a total smackdown on the Utah Valley program. This is why we need to keep him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ5zNrDfgWs

Leave a comment:

• SFJACK
    replied

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    *Sparring

Sorry, I just have a pet peeve for people that correct grammatical errors, then make one themselves in short order.
    You make me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• AmberValley
    replied

I'm confident that Bono and the rest of the staff will stay.

They started something from scratch, actually less than scratch because the program was having many issues when they took over from Drugs/Alcohol to nobody graduating to not being good citizens in the community. It was a mess. I'm surprised the program didn't get cut before Bono arrived.

The point is that they are not the type of people to walk away before mission accomplished. I can see once they have built a nice foundation and have several years of success that they may feel that they have reached their goals and may look for another challenge.

They haven't even produced an All-American yet. And you don't walk away after the first year you do come home with some hardware.

Leave a comment:

• CappinHard
    replied

Originally posted by SFJACK View Post
    No apology needed. We're just two jack fans wishing for the best. I always appreciate a little verbal sparing. Shows us jackrabbits won't take sh*t from anyone.

*Sparring

Sorry, I just have a pet peeve for people that correct grammatical errors, then make one themselves in short order.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
    I can't help myself. I really do apologize. You are not an idiot or stupid. I appreciate your opinion.

Also, it appears you know way more about wrestling. My last comment.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X