Roster Departures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Roster Departures

to And if you think all of these kids left because it was too tough....well you're naive. [/QUOTE]

I wasn't referring to you and your opinions...I was referring to Nidaros who thought my comment about Sidhu being one of the four departures was about JJ. Get off my back...and I believe I know more than you do about the departures. However, I am now done with this thread...so you an rest easy.

Comment

Originally posted by latdrop View Post
      You weren't? Here is your quote: "We have a heavyweight coming in this fall, who will be red-shirted, whom the coaches are VERY high on. They were depending on J. J. Everard to wrestle again in this, his senior year. And IMO, it was unlikely Everard could have red-shirted and been the starter next year". And if you think all of these kids left because it was too tough....well you're naive.
      I was not referring to your comment...I was responding to Nidaros, who thought my comments about Jimshur Sidhu was about JJ's earlier departure. Get off my back...and I am not naive. I believe I know every bit as much about the departed quartet as you do, but will let the rest of the posters decide whom they believe.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
        I'm still waiting of for the list? Especially the "many" still wrestling at the D1 level.
        Just to let you know I never said that many are still wrestling at the D1 level. I'm not going to list all them here. Either take my word for it or do your own research.
        Here are the ones I know of who left and are still competing:
        Jake Turk -Iowa
        Coltan Langaniere-St Cloud
        Chaas Delgado- d2 school in N.C.
        Dalton Moran- Okie St.
        Paul Mascarenas- CC in Iowa
        Matt Seabold- d3 in Iowa
        JJ Everard- UNI
        Aaron Bates- St Cloud
        Quinn Smith- Mizzou
        Anthony Cefolo- Rider
        Cameron Sykora- NDSU
        Louie Sanders- not sure but probably somwhere in MN
        Jimsher Sidhu- looks like he's wrestling back in Canada

Comment

Not to mention two assistant coaches left paid positions to face an uncertain future .

Comment

Originally posted by Chatanooga View Post
            Not to mention two assistant coaches left paid positions to face an uncertain future .
            Where did the coaches end up? Reader and Schopp seem to be helping the team have improved results from previous years. Has their departure been positive or negative to the program?

Comment

Originally posted by fan4wrestling View Post
              Where did the coaches end up? Reader and Schopp seem to be helping the team have improved results from previous years. Has their departure been positive or negative to the program?
              Reader left? Or did I miss something?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by latdrop View Post
                Just to let you know I never said that many are still wrestling at the D1 level. I'm not going to list all them here. Either take my word for it or do your own research.
                Here are the ones I know of who left and are still competing:
                Jake Turk -Iowa
                Coltan Langaniere-St Cloud
                Chaas Delgado- d2 school in N.C.
                Dalton Moran- Okie St.
                Paul Mascarenas- CC in Iowa
                Matt Seabold- d3 in Iowa
                JJ Everard- UNI
                Aaron Bates- St Cloud
                Quinn Smith- Mizzou
                Anthony Cefolo- Rider
                Cameron Sykora- NDSU
                Louie Sanders- not sure but probably somwhere in MN
                Jimsher Sidhu- looks like he's wrestling back in Canada
                I am guessing Bono is a demanding coach who expects a lot of the wrestlers. Most of the recruits coming in are not elite recruits so they need to do everything right to achieve the success Bono desires. I am guessing these demands are challenging. It looks like a good number of the kids decided D1 was not for them.

Everard appears to have been a loss. Cefolo seemed like he had some talent but looks like he wanted to be closer to home. It will be interesting to see how successful these kids are at other programs.

I don't think the amount of turnover is that unusual for D1 wrestling programs. I believe NDSU has had a lot of turnover too.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  Reader left? Or did I miss something?
                  No...he mentioned previous departures. I think our current staff is good, probably an improvement over the previous staff?

Comment

okay. The program is obviously improving. Getting rid of dead weight.
                    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Our previous two assistants didn't "leave" paid positions. They were asked by Bono not to come back following the 2013-2014 season. And I would agree - our program is in better hands with the staff we currently have.

Comment

Working...
                      X