#4/6 Virginia Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #4/6 Virginia Tech

Not too happy about how everything transpired in Macomb, glad the women battled against a perinnial national championship team, the men built a huge lead and were able to finish a game like they should..but..no one has talked about the Jackrabbit wrestling team battling against a very game Virginia Tech squad. Looks like the Bunnies are starting to get in a groove. Next Friday they take on Okie St inside historic Frost Arena. Hope to see a lot of you Jacks supporters in the stands. Here are results from tonight's dual.
    http://m.gojacks.com/mobile/ViewArti...CLID=210520099

Re: #4/6 Virginia Tech

Incredible effort by the wrestling team. I think effort is the wrong word. They took VT to the mat and were literally a takedown away from winning that dual. Those Kocers are the real deal. Bono's a hell of a coach. The crowd was a good size and in to it. Wrestling is tough sport, tough to compete, rough for some to understand and tough to draw fans. It was fun to go to, I think a lot of casual fans don't go to wrestling matches because of lack of knowledge, just try it!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I was at the wrestling match and very impressed. Geez, we almost bumped off one of the best teams in the country. That justifies those votes we've been getting to join the top 25 rankings. In spite of the loss, we may have drawn enough attention to now get ranked.

One or two of the usual starters for VT were not in the lineup but even so, that's a great wrestling team and we measured up nicely yesterday.

Comment

I always hope that more people would stay (after DHs that we have arranged) just to give them a taste that might grow into an appetite. But was still happy with the numbers, and even more pleased with how the team competed. There were some excellent matches, and we almost DID upset one of the better teams in the country. Bono and Reader have this program moving up fast, and while we have a ways to go...we're definitely competitive.

Comment

Working...
        X