6th Best Recruiting Class in the Nation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6th Best Recruiting Class in the Nation

Here's a link to a recent high school tournament in Fargo that featured Rotert, Oyen, and Mascarenas all in the finals. 64 man brackets so this is a very tough tournament.

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage...-Eden-Brancale

Comment

It looks like we have another great addition to our recruiting class adding 5-Time SD state champ Alex Kocer.......http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=206118174

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
        It looks like we have another great addition to our recruiting class adding 5-Time SD state champ Alex Kocer.......http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=206118174
        Did this kid have any other offers coming out of high school?
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          Did this kid have any other offers coming out of high school?
          I'm sure he did as you can count on one hand the wrestlers that have won at least 5 titles in South Dakotaa and he is in some very good company, but there has been many state champions in wrestling that just don't want to wrestle in college. I would say it is the most physically demanding/mentally draining sport in college. Glad to see him wrestling at South Dakota State.
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            I'm sure he did as you can count on one hand the wrestlers that have won at least 5 titles in South Dakotaa and he is in some very good company, but there has been many state champions in wrestling that just don't want to wrestle in college. I would say it is the most physically demanding/mentally draining sport in college. Glad to see him wrestling at South Dakota State.
            Definitely the most physically demanding. A really good wrestler I went to high school with once told me he could not wait to be done with it all. State champ and could have wrestled collegiality.

Comment

Kudos to Paul Mascarenas on being named to the USA All-Stars team that will be competing against the Pennsylvania All-Star team in the upcoming "Dapper Dan Classic." This is a nice recognition for Paul and the Jackrabbit wrestling program.

Comment

Nate Rotert of Spearfish WBF 3:36 to win the 195lb weight class at the State A Wrestling Tournament. He is a two time state champion and a runner up.

Austin Oyen of Tri-Valley won 11-6 to win the 132lb weight class at the State B Wrestling tournament. He is a two time state champ and two time runner up.
                "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                X