NDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NDSU

This program will just need some more time and money.

The support of this team has been meager and that is justified, due to the win-loss record. Liles is a quality guy and I'm sure he stands by his team, knowing that the best days are still ahead.

By looking at some of the recruits SDSU has picked up for next year, this team should be looking up. Freshman are going to struggle in their first season of college wrestling and next year, those guys will have another year of experience.

Now is not the time for a coaching change.

Comment

Originally posted by MinnJack View Post
      This program will just need some more time and money.

The support of this team has been meager and that is justified, due to the win-loss record. Liles is a quality guy and I'm sure he stands by his team, knowing that the best days are still ahead.

By looking at some of the recruits SDSU has picked up for next year, this team should be looking up. Freshman are going to struggle in their first season of college wrestling and next year, those guys will have another year of experience.

Now is not the time for a coaching change.
      There were people asking the same questions about Nagy a few seasons ago and staying the course sure seems to have worked out well for the basketball program, hopefully the same thing can happen here.

Comment

I have said it all along. He needs to get to a point where he can redshirt nearly all incoming freshman. Wrestling is probably the sport where a redshirt year is most beneficial (football may possibly be better).

The team has also dealt with alot of injuries (Elliot) and departures (Ryan Meyer). Meyer would have had a good chance of being an all-american had he stuck with it for four years.

He has a very good recruit coming in, one that had offers from big time schools, next year. I say give him a couple more years. I think we will start seeing some results.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
          Football has had limited staff and limited recruiting in the MVFC and they still put a quality product on the field. We are losing to DII squads! The excuses are starting to get old.
          Comparing the financial shortcomings of football to the shortcomings in the wrestling program is unfair.

How about instead of being able to redshirt players, Stig HAD to play all of his freshman right off the bat. Wrestling is one of the most individual sports on campus. Throwing a freshman into competition right away puts the team at a disadvantage right away.

The SDSU wrestling team puts out a quality product, they are just overmatched and too young. And, I seem to remember our football team losing to a D-III school.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

We have had "good recruiting classes" the past couple of years but they still are not working out to where we can beat lower-level teams. People can look at the wrestlers this year and say that there is only 1 senior and 1 junior but you have to ask why? Last year there was a small number of seniors as well. If a coach cannot keep his recruiting classes out then it doesn't matter how good they are. We have already lost about 10 wrestlers this year too so maybe it is time to look for a coach who can actually keep the guys on the team

Comment

Working...
            X