NCAA tourney

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NCAA tourney

Also, can someone with a facebook account post the picture. I am too old for facebook apparently.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by bunnyfathers View Post
      Niki's save in the first half - punched up and over the crossbar.

photos at http://www.facebook.com/editphoto.ph...3&id=546692197
      Welcome to the board and thanks for the pictures. Best of luck to the women as they take on the Gophers today.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

If you go to the NCAA.com, you will see six thumbnail pics in about the middle of the webpage...the one featuring women's soccer IS OUR JACKRABBITS! Beneath the thumbnail it says: Jackrabbits Bound Over...

Click on the picture for a larger version and the story stating with:

JACKRABBITS BOUND OVER BUFFALOES
        Fifteenth-ranked Colorado's season came to a crushing end on Friday, as a goal by South Dakota State in the 14th minute held up, sending the Buffs home in the first round of the NCAA Tournament and the Jackrabbits into the second round with a 1-0 win. But there's still much more in store for Friday, so stay tuned...

link

Congrats to the Jackrabbits Soccer Team and Coaches!!!! Get Minnesota Sunday!!!!

Comment

The soccer team gets a lot of credit for answering the question, and now, with this victory over Colorado, for putting an end to the question: Who are the Jackrabbits?

Comment

Any word on the soccer game?
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
              Any word on the soccer game?
              Ahh hahh I see its tomorrow. My bad.

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                Can someone please explain this format. I don't understand how a #4 seed wouldn't be hosting a first round series. Was Minnesota seeded higher? If so why would two seeds that high be facing off that early?

Just trying to grasp the setup.
                Colorado was the 4th seed in the Notre Dame regional, not the 4th seed in the entire tourney. So they would be the 12th-16th best team in the tourney (reflecting their 16th place ranking).

Comment

I am cool with what you are saying doc. What I don't get is why isn't the seeded team in our group of 4 hosting? Why are they on the road at unseeded Minnesota. That's the part I don't understand.
                  "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                  -Leo Rosten

Comment

I believe it is because only one team had to fly to Mpls. compared to 3 having to fly to Colorado. Not fact, just overheard the media guys last night.

Comment

I kind of wondered if that wasn't it den. Seems like they got jobbed. Of course the NCAA doesn't expect that a first year eligible team from the Summit is going to beat a Big 12 team in anything.
                      -Leo Rosten

Comment

If it's like hosting in any other sport, there are $ guarantees involved. Saying that, UM has a very good record of attendance.
                        Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
                        Muhammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
                          I am cool with what you are saying doc. What I don't get is why isn't the seeded team in our group of 4 hosting? Why are they on the road at unseeded Minnesota. That's the part I don't understand.
                          Well, I'm an idiot because I did not realize Minnesota wasn't seeded. Sorry for being naive and responding with a fact you already clearly understood. No trying to offend. Thanks for the bit of clarity. It does seem as if CU got jobbed. I'll take it.

Comment

No offense taken. I too will take the result just looking for some justification as I am sure Colorado is.
                            -Leo Rosten

Comment

A few snow flurries and a temp of about 32 degrees greet the Jacks at Elizabeth Lyle Robbie Stadium.

Comment

What time is kickoff? (Sorry I'm a football guy and have no clue what they call it in soccer)
                                -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
                                X