2008 Soccer Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2008 Soccer Season Thread

Jackrabbit soccer ready to start against Centenary.

Comment

kelsey ferguson's 4th goal of the season gives the jacks a 1-0 lead in the 12th minute.

Comment

kellyn farrell beats the goalie to make it 2-0 in the 36th minutes.

Comment

Kellyn's second goal of the game off the crossbar makes it 3-0 in the 59th minute. Chelsea Goosen repeats 2 minutes later 4-0.

Comment

Danielle Neuhalfen's first goal of the season in the 64th minute makes it 5-0

Comment

Jacks win 5-0.

Comment

Jacks lead 1-0 in the 8th minute on Erin Kasmarik's seventh goal of the season. Assist to Vanessa Paswaters on the goal.

Comment

Kayla Braffet's goal makes it 2-0 in the 41st minute.

Comment

Jacks win 2-0 and should have a spot in the Summit tourney.

Comment

Jacks win 2-0 and should have a spot locked up in the conference tournament.

Comment

Thanks for the updates BHM. Do you know why the games are not offered on gojacks extra as they were last year? I am excited for this years soccer team. Keeping their focus, I expect them to win our conference. How exciting would that be to have another team make an NCAA tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by JackFlash View Post
                          Thanks for the updates BHM. Do you know why the games are not offered on gojacks extra as they were last year? I am excited for this years soccer team. Keeping their focus, I expect them to win our conference. How exciting would that be to have another team make an NCAA tournament?
                          Not sure why they aren't online. I can try to find out though. Keep this in mind, the Jacks haven't allowed a goal in over 620 minutes of play/or 10 hours. Nicole Lograsso has it made nice in the back of the net. The Jacks fully expect to make the NCAA tournament, this is probably the best Jackrabbit squad ever... BTW fill up FISHBACK SOCCER COMPLEX next Thursday night as the Jacks host their final home game of the season against Seattle University, play starts at 7:00.

Comment

Props to mango4 on this shot

Comment

Tonight marks the Jacks last home game of the season.

So if you can make it out to the Fishback Soccer Complex and watch the potential Summit League rep in the NCAA tournament take on a tough Seattle University.

Comment

According to the latest NCAA RPI rankings, SDSU is ranked #155 and Seattle is #184. Should be a good game.

I know that Seattle U. is in the first year of transition, however they are ranked in the NCAA RPI. I know the UxD's schools and others in their first year of transition are not listed in the NCAA RPI for D-1 schools.

BHM, since you are the resident expert on women's soccer and volleyball, maybe you can answer this. How can Seattle U. be considered in the NCAA RPI, but other transitional teams are not. I know the NCAA allows D-2 teams to pick one sport for both men and women, that they can compete at the D-1 level (Non-Football or Basketball). Was Seattle U. competing at the D-1 level in women's soccer when they were D-2?

If Seattle U. has been competing at the D-1 level in women's soccer, then this should be a really good test for the Jacks. Typically I don't feel that transitional teams can compete real well against D-1 teams, but Seattle has a decent team, it appears.

Enjoy the game and thanks for the game updates, BHM.

Go State!!!
                                Go Jacks!!!
                                (\__/)
                                (='.'=)
                                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                                X