Jacks tie at Southern Utah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks tie at Southern Utah

The girls tied yesturday afternoon at Southern Utah 1-1. Freshmen Danni Healy provided the only goal for the Jacks. The Jacks move to 2-0-2 on the season and play at home Sunday against Creighton.

Re: Jacks tie at Southern Utah

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    The girls tied yesturday afternoon at Southern Utah 1-1. Freshmen Danni Healy provided the only goal for the Jacks. The Jacks move to 2-0-2 on the season and play at home Sunday against Creighton.
    Just a pet peeve: AP style (you're writing for the Collegian, right, Bluehat?) says if a female human being is 16 or older, she's a woman, not a girl.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
      Just a pet peeve: AP style (you're writing for the Collegian, right, Bluehat?) says if a female human being is 16 or older, she's a woman, not a girl.
      My stylebook's kind of old, but it says 18, and that's how I remember Jack Getz teaching me.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
        My stylebook's kind of old, but it says 18, and that's how I remember Jack Getz teaching me.
        Just looked it up in a new stylebook and you're right. Nonetheless my point still stands. All of the members of our women's soccer team (and all of our women's teams) are 18 or older. They're woman or young woman, not girls.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Girls and boys play high school sports (and below), whereas women and men play college sports--that's always been my understanding. Don't got no stylebook to quote, though . . .

Still, how 'bout them Soccer Jacks? Undefeated so far . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I sure hope you aren't going to start requiring style books for message boards, if so I won't never be riten agin.

"Me flunk English. That's unpossible." Ralphie.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
              I sure hope you aren't going to start requiring style books for message boards, if so I won't never be riten agin.

"Me flunk English. That's unpossible." Ralphie.
              Nope. But when you were 18, I'll bet you didn't want to be referred to as a "boy".
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
              X