Soccer Stadium/Men’s Soccer???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soccer Stadium/Men’s Soccer???

If you haven’t heard, SDSU is fundraising to build a brand new soccer stadium on campus directly to the East of DJDS. It’s will be a fully turf complex. It made me wonder, if SDSU is going to invest so much into a soccer stadium, how much more would it cost to start a men’s soccer program to utilize it too? The Summit League currently has 7 men’s soccer programs: Oral Roberts, Denver, Omaha, Kansas City, Western Illinois, St. Thomas, and associate member Eastern Illinois. Soccer is a growing sport in the US and South Dakota and maybe it would be a good move to get out in front and be a leader in the sport for the state and see what happens. I haven’t heard any rumors of such, just thinking out loud!

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    If you haven’t heard, SDSU is fundraising to build a brand new soccer stadium on campus directly to the East of DJDS. It’s will be a fully turf complex. It made me wonder, if SDSU is going to invest so much into a soccer stadium, how much more would it cost to start a men’s soccer program to utilize it too? The Summit League currently has 7 men’s soccer programs: Oral Roberts, Denver, Omaha, Kansas City, Western Illinois, St. Thomas, and associate member Eastern Illinois. Soccer is a growing sport in the US and South Dakota and maybe it would be a good move to get out in front and be a leader in the sport for the state and see what happens. I haven’t heard any rumors of such, just thinking out loud!
    If you add men's soccer, you will likely have to either drop another men's sport or add another women's sport. Recall that the reason that equestrian is offered by SDSU is to offset the added football scholarships of the move to D-I with women's sport scholarships.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Title IX maybe

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        Title IX maybe
        Yup.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

They had to cut the tennis programs when they are not a big hit on the budget so doubt soccer would get the funds either.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Add women’s wrestling and men’s soccer? Just dreaming…

Comment

Does anyone know what stage this project is at? I had a chance to attend my first SDSU soccer game this season, it was a blast. I had no idea the Pride and Jack would be there. My kids loved it…I kept wondering why don’t they play on campus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X