Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 season;is everyone is playing for second place?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 season;is everyone is playing for second place?

The Jacks should have a competitive team. Mid field is the biggest question mark. Mid field is usually where each game is won and lost. I would suspect there will be many combinations of players in the mid field until the coaching staff figure things out. Still the questions remains with addition of Denver to the summit league is everyone else playing for second place. I believe not much will change from last year with Denver. They did lose a couple special players that will not be replaced. However their over all quality is a class above the rest of the summit league. I would say that most of the games with Denver in the summit league will be 2 or 3 to 0 instead of the 5 and greater to 0 which was normal scoring line last year. NDSU was the only team to score on Denver last year. I see the same kind of goals against this year. Can they be beat? Yes but not likely.

Re: 2014 season;is everyone is playing for second place?

[QUOTE/] However their over all quality is a class above the rest of the summit league. [/QUOTE]

That is a bombastic statement.

Comment

Denvers been playing against really good soccer teams for many years,and have elevated their game to stay competative.I agree,Denver is the new high-water mark for the Summit,the team to use to judge how well your team is compared to the elite programs.It's a good thing to have that in any conference,in my opinion.Let's all get better,and beat Denver!!

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
        [QUOTE/] However their over all quality is a class above the rest of the summit league.
        That is a bombastic statement.[/QUOTE]

It may be Bombastic but its the truth. When I say quality am talking about technical ability not athleticism. An example would be first touch, playing in tight spaces, passing accuracy, trapping ball. Athletically most every team can compete with Denver. Look as shots on goal and corners kicks when Denver plays the summit league. Possession is not a static kept but those two stats are indicative of how much possession a team has.

I agree that Denver will raise the level of play and if SDSU would happen to win a league championship it will be a great accomplishment.
        Last edited by Messi1; 08-19-2014, 10:37 PM.

Comment

Well congratulations UNO, with a 3 to 2 win over Denver, Denver had more shots but Omaha made their shots count.

Comment

Jacks just beat Denver to win the Conference Championship!!!

Comment

And convincingly! 2-0 both goals during regular play, with a nice centering pass. Jacks were definitely the more aggressive team of the two.

Comment

It had to be a little chilly out there tonight. I don't know if that gave SDSU an edge, but I suspect it gets chilly in Denver too.

Comment

Great win, sdsu was the better team, I stand corrected. The Jacks prove me wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Messi1 View Post
                    Great win, sdsu was the better team, I stand corrected. The Jacks prove me wrong...

Congrats on a great season as well. Afterall it all boiled down to just 1 game.

Comment

The answer to this thread....yes everyone was playing for second, just not us!!

Now, let's get the Tournament title too.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        The answer to this thread....yes everyone was playing for second, just not us!!

Now, let's get the Tournament title too.
                        From the 20th chapter of the Gospel of Mathew. The last shall be first and first shall be last.

Comment

Working...
                        X