Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2010-2011 Schedule

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
    Classless move by A.J. to not follow through with the BHSU game. In all fairness, he was probably at a disadvantage because the game was made public. However, he shouldn't have dangled the doggy treat in front of the pup if he wasn't going to give it to him.
    Looks like the puppy was barking before the treat was infront of them.

Comment

I always considered it a bit strange that SDSU would go to BH, even for an exhibition game.

SDSU vs. Wyoming in Rapid City, yes. SDSU traveling to any lower-division school, especially 400 miles away, for an exhibition? Unlikely.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jacks nl View Post
        Looks like the puppy was barking before the treat was infront of them.
        Agreed. BHSU should have waited until the contract was signed and SDSU announced it. Lesson learned for them I guess. I don't believe SDSU ever confirmed that game.
        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Well take down all of those billboards in Rapid City and along I-90 that have SDSU on them. Discontinue the West River Center that SDSU has. If A.J. is going to be that selfish to not acknowledge alumni and fans in the West, that reflects on the college as well. The Nebraska women went on the road to play a "smaller division" the past two years for an exhibition (Kearney) and it didn't hurt them in the least. A.J. just wants to have it at home so the program can get all of the money when he should be thinking of the college.

The Young Center sold out during the Friday and Saturday sessions of the 2007 state tournament and they regularly sell out some games for their nationally ranked women each year. Would you rather have about a 1,000 fans at home who show up to watch (when most will be students who get in free anyway) or showcase your team in front of thousands of fans and alumni. Maybe they are scared that BH might actually get a W. FYI, I'm not connected to BHSU in any way. In fact, I've attended more S.D. Tech games than I have BH in the past few years. However, this is downright disgusting. Come on A.J., right the ship!

Comment

Come on A.J., right the ship!
            Oh you have GOT to be kidding me.

Because the SDSU @ BHSU deal fell through, the whole flippin' world is going to heck?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
              Oh you have GOT to be kidding me.

Because the SDSU @ BHSU deal fell through, the whole flippin' world is going to heck?
              Not really. I just had to bitch about something to get some life onto the women's board. It worked didn't it? I'd say, oh about, six responses to my posts. It still would've been sweet to see SDSU out west, though.

Comment

It still would've been sweet to see SDSU out west, though.
                I agree.

Comment

Not really. I just had to bitch about something to get some life onto the women's board. It worked didn't it? I'd say, oh about, six responses to my posts. It still would've been sweet to see SDSU out west, though.

OOOH...you almost had me...I had a really good reply for you too!!

Go Jacks!!
                  SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

This schedule is AWESOME! It reflects that SDSU WBB has achieved recognition as a consistently top 100 and usually top 50 program. Looking at schools that AJ has pursued and won the admiration of return trips to Brookings is a huge accomplishment.

This team has a chance, if Purdue gets knocked off in round 1 or 2, of hosting all the way to the championship of the preseason WNIT. If Jacks win that WNIT, then they are pretty well set to move into Dec. ranked in the AP and coaches polls.

Nice mix of top mid-majors with MTSU, IL St., UNI, AR-LR, and Big 6 schools. UT St. has been good games, and really appreciate the MTSU series. Good to see the Big 6 conference schools coming to Brookings. Great early Christmas present to see Az St then IA on 12/16-18.

Maybe next year, AJ can get a Rapid City game vs WY or a Gonzaga (western power school). With the right promotion, that could be a great crowd.

Comment

Working...
                    X