Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mariah Clarin verbal

http://www.kjasr.com/index.php?optio...bals&Itemid=95

Mariah Clarin of Princeton has verballed South Dakota State. The 6-1 forward averaged 19.9 ppg for the 16-11 Tigers in 2009-10.

Clarin plays with North Tartan Coury during the club season.

Clarin is the 6th player in the Minnesota 2011 class to verbal and the 6th headed to a D1 program. Clarin is the third player on North Tartan Coury to verbal joining Rachel Banham and Kayla Hirt.
    Looks like SDSU has picked up a verbal for 2011.

From AJ's twitter feed.

http://twitter.com/Coach_AJ

Great day for SDSU women's hoops!!

Re: Mariah Clarin verbal

http://gprep.net/200rankings.html

http://gprep.net/204rankings_clarin_mariah.html

GPrep has Mariah rated as the #5 recruit in Minnesota Girls Basketball.

She also plays on the AAU team, North Tartan, which is the same team as Gabby Boever, Hannah Strop, & Macie Michelson. Safe to say we have a good thing going there.

Comment

As long as coach AJ is around the future of WBB @ SDSU looks bright!

Comment

Welcome aboard Mariah. Here is the North Tartan roster.
        http://www.northtartan.com/index.cfm...er&teamid=1332

Another regional player (Worthington) who is on the team who I have referenced before and seems to be garnering more interest is Martha Alwal. 6'3 with a long wing span and shot blocking abilities.

Comment

Don't know anything about her but she has a cool name. How would it sound on the radio with, "Van Riper-Rose brings the ball down court."

Comment

Mariah will be a nice addition to the Jackrabbits.

Comment

Welcome Mariah, it's nice to keep getting top notch recruits into the program.The jackrabbits are getting stronger every day!

Comment

6'2 and a "no nonsense, blue collar game". NICE!

Comment

I think she is closer to 6'0" than 6'2". Either way she's a player.

Comment

More from Terry's blog here.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      More from Terry's blog here.
                      Another strong addition to a program that looks to be a force in the women's Division I game for some time. I hope one of these years, the Jacks can put together that one special team and breakout for a run deep into the tournament.
                      The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Welcome Mariah, it's nice to keep getting top notch recruits into the program.The jackrabbits are getting stronger every day!
                        Agree, welcome to Jackrabbit nation Mariah. We seem to be collecting a really nice group of 3's and 4's some of which will likely play the 5 spot. After Macie where is our next quality quard play coming from? We have some real untested guards in Hiser, Paluch, Johnson and Boever. But, none with any quality playing time. that concerns me. You add quality quard play to this group of forwards and inside players and the Jacks will be solid.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                          Agree, welcome to Jackrabbit nation Mariah. We seem to be collecting a really nice group of 3's and 4's some of which will likely play the 5 spot. After Macie where is our next quality quard play coming from? We have some real untested guards in Hiser, Paluch, Johnson and Boever. But, none with any quality playing time. that concerns me. You add quality quard play to this group of forwards and inside players and the Jacks will be solid.

GBGBGJ
                          I think we're fairly set at the 2's, too. There is Kristin, Jill and Ashley.

I don't know what to think of the 1 or 5 spots. You have Jennie and Macie but after them it is an unknown, as of now. You listed the 4 players that are the backup options at the PG spot.
                          There is Schuttloffel at the 5 spot and then some power forwards. I like the power forwards playing the 5 spot if they are big enough to play defense down low. I wouldn't mind a player like Jen W. that can play down low but also step out and hit the 3. That causes matchup problems for most teams. I guess it's up the the players/coaches to get the players to want to go down low on D.
                          I'm not saying that our team is like that but more and more "post" players want to shoot that 3.

Comment

I think Paluch is going to be better than ya'll think at PG in years to come
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                              There is Schuttloffel at the 5 spot and then some power forwards.
                              Do you mean Sunnaborg?

Comment

Working...
                              X