Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot Stove 2010-11: Women's Basketball Edition

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
    Charlie Creme posts his top 64 for next year. ORU barely makes it in, SDSU doesn't. Motivation.
    That isn't a big surprise considering the Jacks ended up around #100 in the final RPI if I recall correctly,plus we lose a couple of pretty important contributors in Maria and Ketty.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      That isn't a big surprise considering the Jacks ended up around #100 in the final RPI if I recall correctly,plus we lose a couple of pretty important contributors in Maria and Ketty.
      IMO, it's more a question of Creme's cut-n-paste attitude toward mid majors, than any realistic evaluation of talent and potential.

Kevi & Jaci are special players, but I'd like to see them play against a 3-2 trapping zone like what SDSU threw at Oklahoma in the tournament. I don't think ORU sweeps the season series next year, and I don't think they get the #1 seed, as SDSU won't pull another bonehead loss to UMKC--or Oakland.

Comment

I was going thru the other schools in the conference looking at thier recruits,like i alway's do.Western Illinois is adding seven new recruits,six Community College players and one international student from Sweden.It will be intresting to see how the Community College stars fare in the Summit.Great opportunity for these women to play div 1 basketball.All seem to be good players at the community colleg level,wonder if they can take it up a notch.Isn't it unusual to have that many at one time come into a div 1 program, or is it more common than i thought?

Comment

Per Terry V's Argus Blog:

"...it's probably a good thing the SDSU women's basketball team didn't go on an international exhibition trip like the men because they would have been hurting for point guards. The status of both starting senior Macie Michelson and true freshman Gabby Boever is up on the air for the preseason due to injury. Boever is still working through a broken knee cap - that came not long after an ACL repair - and is still 50-50 on whether or not she'll have to redshirt. More important in the short term, Michelson had foot surgery in early August to repair a lingering issue. Recovery is expected to take 8-12 weeks."
          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
            Per Terry V's Argus Blog:

"...it's probably a good thing the SDSU women's basketball team didn't go on an international exhibition trip like the men because they would have been hurting for point guards. The status of both starting senior Macie Michelson and true freshman Gabby Boever is up on the air for the preseason due to injury. Boever is still working through a broken knee cap - that came not long after an ACL repair - and is still 50-50 on whether or not she'll have to redshirt. More important in the short term, Michelson had foot surgery in early August to repair a lingering issue. Recovery is expected to take 8-12 weeks."
            It's hard to imagine Boever not redshirting. Even before the broken kneecap,the word was she would not be able to do any basketball related activities until October due to the ACL surgery. One would think Paluch and Heiser will share back-up minutes after Macie returns.

Comment

Here's wishing Macie a fast recovery.

Comment

As far as I know, Boever's situation now depends on how hard she works in rehabbing. I think the coaches will be waiting to see if the next two months bring her performance up to an acceptable level before they make any decisions in regards to playing or redshirting.

Comment

Macie is out until mid-November with the foot injury and may not be full speed until late Novemeber. Time for some people tostep up.

Comment

Anyone hear anything about this... New NCAA rules allow women's basketball teams to utilize a 40-day window to practice 30 times prior to the first game.This new rule should allow us to practice much earlier & will allow much more time for the new recruits to learn the system.

Comment

The Women's Basketball team did start practise earlier than the Oct 15 start. I was wondering if the ruled changed.

Comment

The rule did change and that is why there is no Midnight Madness for the teams planned this year. 19 days until the first SDSU women's basketball game for 2010-11!!!

Comment

I for one am very excited!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                            The rule did change and that is why there is no Midnight Madness for the teams planned this year. 19 days until the first SDSU women's basketball game for 2010-11!!!
                            holy cow thats coming fast. Seems like yesterday I was waiting for our first home football game of the year.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

A mid-major poll from collegeinsider.com At least we are listed ahead of Oral Roberts

http://www.collegeinsider.com/midmajor/

Comment

Working...
                              X