To the Jacks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To the Jacks...

I must admit that three days ago I believed that you held your team in too high regard. I am happy to say that I was completely wrong. Your team played hard and with an enormous amount of heart, and that's hard to find in basketball today. You gave a faster and more athletic team a run for their money, and you should have a huge amount of pride in your girls.

Keep working on that BCS wall!

Best of luck, except when you play OU Be blessed.

Boomer Sooner! and Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!

Re: To the Jacks...

Thanks for the message. We just had too many turnovers once again to win the game. Good luck the rest of the tourney.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Thank you and good luck the rest of the tournament.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by IBleedCrimson&Cream View Post
        I must admit that three days ago I believed that you held your team in too high regard. I am happy to say that I was completely wrong. Your team played hard and with an enormous amount of heart, and that's hard to find in basketball today. You gave a faster and more athletic team a run for their money, and you should have a huge amount of pride in your girls.

Thanks for your gracious comments,you have to go win it all now that you got by us.....

Comment

Thanks...

Comment

Thanks! Very nice.....we hold them in high regard because they've earned it, and now you have seen why. Maybe we can get a non-con game scheduled with OU sometime I like your coach, team, and fans a lot better than I liked Baylor last year. Good luck!
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Consider me a fan of your coach as well as your team Good Job. and Good Luck!

Comment

I have been watching OU basketball since 1952, and OU women's basketball since Sherri Cole became coach. So I think I have seen enough games to have an opinion about teams and how they play. I think you have a tremendous coach first and foremost. I coached BB and I know how hard it is to get a team to play together and play hard. Even rarer is the team that plays smart and just as the coach instructs them to do. Well I saw it last night in spades, that was one of the best coached teams I have seen in Norman in the 50 + years I have been watching. I'd take you coach to my school in a New York minute. Congrats on a very fine team of young ladies and oh yes the fans also, they were great. I don't know how far our team will go, we don't have the outside shooting this year without Whitney Hand, but however far they go they have done a whole lot better than the gloom and doom writers here in Oklahoma who said they were done when we lost Hand. I think we have a pretty decent coach also. Good luck in the future and maybe we will see you down the road.

Comment

That was a great game! Your team has much to be proud of....they gave the Sooners a run for their money and represented the Summit League very well. Very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by OKUman View Post
                    I have been watching OU basketball since 1952, and OU women's basketball since Sherri Cole became coach. So I think I have seen enough games to have an opinion about teams and how they play. I think you have a tremendous coach first and foremost. I coached BB and I know how hard it is to get a team to play together and play hard. Even rarer is the team that plays smart and just as the coach instructs them to do. Well I saw it last night in spades, that was one of the best coached teams I have seen in Norman in the 50 + years I have been watching. I'd take you coach to my school in a New York minute. Congrats on a very fine team of young ladies and oh yes the fans also, they were great. I don't know how far our team will go, we don't have the outside shooting this year without Whitney Hand, but however far they go they have done a whole lot better than the gloom and doom writers here in Oklahoma who said they were done when we lost Hand. I think we have a pretty decent coach also. Good luck in the future and maybe we will see you down the road.
                    Thanks for the sincere comments about our team and our coach AJ. Whats kind of ironic was that AJ left us for a day or so about two years ago to go to Wisconsin Green Bay. Seems like the flight out to Green Bay cooled his heels about making a change in where he coached. He told Wisconsin GB that he wanted to stay at SDSU and he did not take the job at Wisconsin GB. Guess what? One of the big upsets last night was WGB over Virginia. If AJ had went to WGB, SDSU might not have been playing in Norman Oklahoma, but might have finished their season at the Summit League tournament in Sioux Falls.

We hope to hang on to AJ as long as we can, but some where there is some school with more money looking for a coach who can win.

Comment

Originally posted by OKUman View Post
                      that was one of the best coached teams I have seen in Norman in the 50 + years I have been watching
                      Sherri Coale said, during the presser yesterday, "If you haven't watched this team play, you're not a connoisseur of basketball."

I think the best thing that can be said about AJ is that he knows how to win with his recruits.

Hat's off to Sherri Coale, BTW. She's a real student and teacher of the game. Listening to her and her players, it's clear that they had a grasp of what was going on during the game and could explain it well.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                        Sherri Coale said, during the presser yesterday, "If you haven't watched this team play, you're not a connoisseur of basketball."

I think the best thing that can be said about AJ is that he knows how to win with his recruits.

Hat's off to Sherri Coale, BTW. She's a real student and teacher of the game. Listening to her and her players, it's clear that they had a grasp of what was going on during the game and could explain it well.
                        I was born a Nebraska fan, my brother in law was a 3 time all conference Husker. It pains me (a little - not a lot) to say this, but I really like Coach Coale and I will be pulling for the Sooners in this tourney.

The Jacks gave it a great fight, but it was nice to be recognized and respected by a Big 12 team (Huskers included - who voided their contract with the Jacks after losing to us several years ago). AJ has us on the way, but we have to get a lot quicker to compete with the next level day in and day out.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                          we have to get a lot quicker to compete with the next level day in and day out.
                          Or craftier. Going zone really threw the Sooners for a loop.

These girls are smart enough to switch from man to zone and back at the drop of a hat----and that would be an outstanding way to neutralize attacking point guards.

Comment

Over at ouhoops.com they have very nice comments about our team on the GDT...it pains me to say this, but I may become a Sooner WBB fan the rest of the tournament...if it were FB, no effing way
                            "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I tell ya' these Sooner fans and their team have really won me over....I've never been anti-Sooner. It was a good matchup-we learned where the team stands against one of the best programs in the country. To be the best you have to play the best, and eventually we have to beat the best. Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!
                              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                              X