Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 Summit League Championships

ORU women earn top seed in conference tournament

Oral Roberts clinched the top seed in the Summit League Conference Tournament with its 94-70 victory Monday night at Southern Utah.

The Golden Eagles finish the regular season at 21-8, earning their first regular season Summit League championship and the No. 1 seed in the conference tournament, which runs Saturday through March 9 in Sioux Falls, S.D.

“The girls wanted to win it outright, and we did,” coach Jerry Finkbeiner said. “In years past, we’ve always been focused on the tournament title but this year, with Janae (Voelker) leading us, we wanted the regular season title as well. We’re thrilled to get the No. 1 seed.”

As one of the top two seeds, ORU will play Saturday with a day off on Sunday. ORU will open with a rematch against No. 8 seed Southern Utah (7-22) at noon.

The tournament semifinals are scheduled for Monday. The championship game will be shown on ESPNU, Cox 253, at 3 p.m. Tuesday.

Summit League women’s pairings

March 6-9 in Sioux Falls, S.D.

Saturday

No. 1 Oral Roberts (21-8) vs. No. 8 Southern Utah (7-22), noon

No. 2 Oakland (18-12) vs. No. 7 Western Illinois (10-19), 2:30 p.m.

Sunday

No. 4 UMKC (15-14) vs. No. 5 North Dakota State (16-12), noon

No. 3 South Dakota State (19-10) vs. No. 6 IPFW (13-16), 2:30 p.m.

Monday

Oral Roberts-Southern Utah winner vs. UMKC-NDSU winner, noon

Oakland-Western Illinois winner vs. SDSU-IPFW winner, 2 p.m.

Tuesday

Championship, 3 p.m.

Re: 2010 Summit League Championships

Thanks for the info. Just as a word of caution, the championship game times could change. I'm not saying they will but they could.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
      Thanks for the info. Just as a word of caution, the championship game times could change. I'm not saying they will but they could.
      I did not type all this I just copied it from the Summit Site! Thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Doc,
        Have you heard something that the ESPN's might want to move to a more favorable television time slot? Full houses are better viewing.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          Doc,
          Have you heard something that the ESPN's might want to move to a more favorable television time slot? Full houses are better viewing.
          I haven't heard anything specific for the Summit League tourney this year but in visiting with those in the SID ranks they have been told that the times for the championship games may be subject to change. I'm nearly 100% sure they changed last year as well. Maybe I am misremembering, as Roger Clemens would put it.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Anyone catch the final score of the ORU/SUU women's game?? I'm guessing a 30 point drubbing.

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Not quite 30,....16.Southern Utah played them point for point the second half.Another typical ORU game, high scoring.My thoughts are if you want to beat ORU, concentrate on stopping the "other" three players for ORU.The two freshmen can't do it all on thier own.Too many teams focus on those two too much,they rely on that i think.Just a thought.

Comment

W. Ill up 51-43 over OU with 8:47 to go

ORU scores 2nd most points in tourney history with their 97-81 win.

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...CLID=204902428

Live stats and other links here:

http://www.thesummitleague.org/ViewA...RIBER_CONTENT=

Comment

The Oakland women just went down to a team the Jacks beat by 40 less than a week ago.

WIU 68
                  Tearful Golden Grizzlies 57

Comment

Their previous high was 63 pts in D-I games and it was against Centenary. Anything can happen in March!

Comment

One upset down; likely a few more to come before Tuesday is over . . .

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                        The Oakland women just went down to a team the Jacks beat by 40 less than a week ago.

WIU 68
                        Tearful Golden Grizzlies 57

This I did not expect... WOW... way to go WIU.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                          This I did not expect... WOW... way to go WIU.
                          Opens up a lot of things for our lady Jacks. Now, the Jacks need to take care of business vs IPFW and than worry about OR. Go get'm LADIES.

GBGBGJ

Comment

All I could think of last night during the first games is it will be so nice to only have to listen to Oakland's band once Monday (and hopefully not at all Tuesday). Apparently Stu Whitney is cheering for Oakland though if you haven't read today's Argus.

Big day for the ladies. Can't already look ahead to Oral Roberts. IPFW is a decent team. Limit the TO's and shoot 60% again, is that so much to ask?

Comment

Originally posted by sfjacksfan99 View Post
                              Apparently Stu Whitney is cheering for Oakland
                              He does have a point--kind of. A Sweet 16 run would improve the conference's stature, and the team best positioned to do that right now -is- Oakland.

SDSU wins the tournament and the best bet is winning the play-in.

Comment

Working...
                              X