Injury Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury Update

Another darn stress fracture, I figured that was what it was. Another tough break for Vanessa as well. I know we heard about her injury earlier.

From TV:

Meanwhile, the SDSU women could be without sophomore guard Vanessa Johnson and freshman forward Leah Dietel for the season. Johnson tore an ab muscle during a weight workout and Dietel - a key rebounder - has a stress fracture in her foot.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Injury Update

This is tough news....never want to see anyone's season end due to injury.

Comment

Need to get them on bone strengthening supplements as soon as they sign to play for AJ.

Comment

Well I know I have zero credability here but I thought I would give you all an update on Leah's injury. I ran into her this morning in the Wellness Center. She was running on a tread mill and I asked how the leg was. She said she is testing it out tonight for the coaches, but she fully expects to play in the first round game.
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Well I know I have zero credability here but I thought I would give you all an update on Leah's injury. I ran into her this morning in the Wellness Center. She was running on a tread mill and I asked how the leg was. She said she is testing it out tonight for the coaches, but she fully expects to play in the first round game.
          That sounds like a creditable source.

Good Luck Leah! Jacks could REALLY use another post in their drive for D-I supremecy.

Comment

As TV pointed out, she's got plenty of time to get healthy. First round games are next weekend, f'r cryin' out loud.

I'm wondering if the indoor track at Frost has contributed to these foot injuries that the Jacks have been plagued with over the last few years (remember two years ago when half the team was in boots during the non-conf season?)

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
              According to the coaching staff she was available to play in the Summit league tourney if she would have been needed. So, if AJ thinks she should be on the court I expect she will be.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                According to the coaching staff she was available to play in the Summit league tourney if she would have been needed. So, if AJ thinks she should be on the court I expect she will be.
                TV's blog last night said she practiced yesterday. Good news!

Comment

I agree this is good news. Jennifer has played really well since the injury, so hopefully it carries on with Leah back. We will need the added post player for the tourney.
                  Last edited by bub94; 03-17-2010, 07:34 AM.
                  Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                    I agree this is good news. Jennifer has player really well since the injury, so hopefully it carries on with Leah back. We will need the added post player for the tourney.
                    Will be nice to add Leah to our depth. Clearly Jennifer Schut*^%$# has become a better player with the playing time she has rec'd. With Jenn and Leah available it will simply make the Jacks a better team.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                      Will be nice to add Leah to our depth. Clearly Jennifer Schut*^%$# has become a better player with the playing time she has rec'd. With Jenn and Leah available it will simply make the Jacks a better team.

GBGBGJ
                      You actually came closer to spelling Jennifer's last name than I would have come. I tell you what, from watching Jennifer last year (when she did play) and how she has played now, I really think she looks a lot sharper because she knows she is going to get real playing time (not just time towards the end of the game).
                      Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                      X