Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Next Game is the Biggest Game

It's the basketball version of "1-0 this week."

Picked it up from the women on TV's chat today.

Re: The Next Game is the Biggest Game

I agree with this 100%. NDSU is the game that is a must win. USD is just a sideshow game that should have been played sometime in the first three weeks of the season. I am not a huge fan of non-conference games, regardless of opponent, in the middle of a conference title run.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      USD is just a sideshow game
      Come Sunday, the Biggest Game will be USD on Monday.

The next game is -always- the biggest game.

It's like going 1-0 every week.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

Zoo, why couldn't you make the 14-0 Colts convinced of this?

Comment

All I can say is, a guy who coaches that conservatively was ill-suited for the game on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

I understand the premise. But the game on Monday has no bearing on the standings. The Jacks could, but won't, lose this game it doesn't really matter. I just have to show my disdain for a non-conference game in the middle of a tight conference race every chance I get. Sorry!

That being said..I hope AJ doesn't let off the gas during either game. Let the team not only win, but win by as many as they can. I usually am not in favor of running up the score, but for NDSU and USD let's see what are ladies are capable of. But, I think that we all know that tomorrow nights game will be closer than many of us expect.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
              I understand the premise. But the game on Monday has no bearing on the standings. The Jacks could, but won't, lose this game it doesn't really matter. I just have to show my disdain for a non-conference game in the middle of a tight conference race every chance I get. Sorry!

That being said..I hope AJ doesn't let off the gas during either game. Let the team not only win, but win by as many as they can. I usually am not in favor of running up the score, but for NDSU and USD let's see what are ladies are capable of. But, I think that we all know that tomorrow nights game will be closer than many of us expect.
              I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another game like SUU game in Brookings. Bison have always been a challenge on their D time, but they still wear out. Close at half (within 10), and another 25-30 point win at the end for the Jacks.

With that said, I'd love to see the Jacks blazing from the get-go, ala TCU game of last season. That game was one that only a Rabbit fan would enjoy as the game was over IMMEDIATELY, and Frogs didn't know what had hit them.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                I wouldn't be at all surprised to see another game like SUU game in Brookings. Bison have always been a challenge on their D time, but they still wear out. Close at half (within 10), and another 25-30 point win at the end for the Jacks.

With that said, I'd love to see the Jacks blazing from the get-go, ala TCU game of last season. That game was one that only a Rabbit fan would enjoy as the game was over IMMEDIATELY, and Frogs didn't know what had hit them.
                I would agree. I think that with both teams the women face this weekend a quick, sustained start on both ends would probably cause a team to fold. When the women are on firing on all cylinders they can really end a game fast.

Comment

Don't know where to put this post exactly, other than start a new thread.Does anyone else think that Jennifer Schuttloffel is a dang good player?She brings a lot of energy to the team ,is very athletic, & has a nice mid range shot.I think, as a matter of fact, that we are very fortunate indeed to have the type of talented players sitting on the bench that we do, & it must make a coach much happier to know that, no matter what five are on the floor, you're going to get very good play from them.Just thinking aloud....

Comment

Working...
                  X