Umkc gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Umkc gdt

Unless something drastic happens, Rotert stays in the starting lineup, and needs to stay in the lineup. zooropa is right - Eide can be effective right now vs. certain teams/matchups.

Comment

Eide is Mark Engen's counterpart on the WBB this season. She's a fabulous role player that provides a HUGE energy boost when everyone on the court is flagged with 20+ min played hard. She comes in, runs at a 125% because she knows that she's in for only a short time. Ashley provides the type of platoon play that AJ preaches, and she does it well. She is likely to be one of the players with Macie who brings the energy to the team.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        Eide is Mark Engen's counterpart on the WBB this season.
        ...don't know about that. Eide is a FR, Engen is a SR. Eide and Engen have completely different styles and play completely different positions. Oh yeah, and Eide has already probably scored more points than Engen has in his entire career...
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
          Eide is Mark Engen's counterpart on the WBB this season. She's a fabulous role player that provides a HUGE energy boost when everyone on the court is flagged with 20+ min played hard. She comes in, runs at a 125% because she knows that she's in for only a short time. Ashley provides the type of platoon play that AJ preaches, and she does it well. She is likely to be one of the players with Macie who brings the energy to the team.
          The comparison for this season and this season only is valid, but their careers are not equal. Mark though a clean cut individual and possibly a very good student, came here as a basketball project. He had the size, but not the skills. It's taken him four years to become a role player and might take him more years to be a full time starter and his size alone might earn him a NBA tryout. Eide on the other hand is just starting her career and she could see more time next year and maybe starting the following year. I am thinking Eide has the skills to become more than a role player. None the less, the comparison seems valid for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
            The comparison for this season and this season only is valid, but their careers are not equal. Mark though a clean cut individual and possibly a very good student, came here as a basketball project. He had the size, but not the skills. It's taken him four years to become a role player and might take him more years to be a full time starter and his size alone might earn him a NBA tryout. Eide on the other hand is just starting her career and she could see more time next year and maybe starting the following year. I am thinking Eide has the skills to become more than a role player. None the less, the comparison seems valid for now.

Yes, the comparison is ONLY for this season. Eide is likely to grow in her position. Both her and Engen THIS SEASON are role players that will give their all in the short time that they're off the bench. Eide's situation is similar to Macie's in her frosh season. Ashley may reach starter jr/sr season. I appreciate what she brings to the Jacks this season, and wish her much continued success and growth.

Comment

My comment about Mark getting an NBA tryout got me negative points, the brave person who felt it unnecessary to disclose his handle thought it laughable that I mention that possibilty. How many 6-11 people does he see in a week? Also I think Mark has a great attitude and with special coaches, his game would no doubt improve possibly to a near NBA level. The big guys in the NBA have started out kind of ackward and that may be due to fast growth.

Phil Jackson comes to mind. He was very ackward the time I saw him in a UND uniform. His soph year I believe. But then he was coached by Fitch and Jimmy Rogers, who later were coaching in the NBA. So Phil was fortunate in that respect.

I suspect though that Mark may not have NBA ambitions. So we will leave it at that.

No need to give me points to off set, as its been a while since I was dinged.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                My comment about Mark getting an NBA tryout got me negative points, the brave person who felt it unnecessary to disclose his handle thought it laughable that I mention that possibilty. How many 6-11 people does he see in a week? Also I think Mark has a great attitude and with special coaches, his game would no doubt improve possibly to a near NBA level. The big guys in the NBA have started out kind of ackward and that may be due to fast growth.

Phil Jackson comes to mind. He was very ackward the time I saw him in a UND uniform. His soph year I believe. But then he was coached by Fitch and Jimmy Rogers, who later were coaching in the NBA. So Phil was fortunate in that respect.

I suspect though that Mark may not have NBA ambitions. So we will leave it at that.

No need to give me points to off set, as its been a while since I was dinged.
                I think that Mark could see time in Europe, or perhaps a NBA D-league team. Perhaps a couple years playing overseas would help him develop faster. I was always told by my basketball coaches that a person can't be taught to be tall.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Is Eide on scholarship? For some reason I have the idea she accepted an invited walk-on similar to Brayden Carlson.

Comment

I think originally she did, but then one opened up when I believe the girl from out west left the team to get married. I might be wrong on that and sorry I can't remember names.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                      I think originally she did, but then one opened up when I believe the girl from out west left the team to get married. I might be wrong on that and sorry I can't remember names.
                      I believe it was Laura Neilsen that left to focus on Pharmacy school. But yes, Eide did initially accept a walk-on, redshirt offer and then Laura's scholarship opened up for her. She obviously deserves it!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        I believe it was Laura Neilsen that left to focus on Pharmacy school. But yes, Eide did initially accept a walk-on, redshirt offer and then Laura's scholarship opened up for her. She obviously deserves it!
                        Just to clarify a few things.

Laura left after the 2007 season.

Abby Kratovil left in 2007 to get married and raise a child, I believe. Not sure who her scholarship went to.

Natalie Carda also left for USD as the rigors of a DI schedule were too great given her health issues and academic aspirations. That was 2006, I think.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X