• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oakland GDT...

62-47 SDSU at the under-4, 3:46 to go.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

2:02 to go, lead is down to 9. Jacks don't really need to make it this interesting . . .
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

62-55 1:25 Macie missed ft

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Now down to 7, but Oakland fouls putting Michelson on the line. 1:25 to go.

Bricks the 1-1 . . . still up only 7 . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I seem to recall something about bears not being dead until they're dead . . .

I guess they're not kerblasticated until they're Pattonized, either . . .

54.2 seconds, Oakland is not shooting after a Cornemann foul . . . run around for almost nine seconds before the Jacks foul them. Now they're shooting.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

40 seconds, Michelson shooting FT's again--62-56 . . . hits the first . . . hits the second, 64-56 . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

66-59 SDSU, final
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Jacks almost got Bien Bien Phoooed there. The Pattonization turned into a Battle of the Bulge but pulled it out

Comment

Jill seems to be going through a slump like Ketty went through last year. She should work her way out of it .

Comment

One thing to keep in mind about the Jacks fading in the second half:

The starters played (comparatively speaking) a LOT of minutes and the Jacks only got 4 points off the bench. Those girls were gassed.

But I have to say, watching Sunnarborg play was the highlight of the evening. When I found out that the tallest Oakland starter was 5'11.... Macie was the only Jack in the starting five shorter than her..... I told the guy I was at the game with, "they're gonna kill them in the paint."

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                        Jill seems to be going through a slump like Ketty went through last year. She should work her way out of it .
                        I've observed though that, it seems to me, she's really becomming very good at dishing out assists.... maybe we should call her "magic" Jill?I remember last year after Jill made a big three point shot, Jenn W. ran up to her & said something like when your open , take the shot, you'll make it cause your Jill Young.She shot with a lot of confidence after that, knowing everyone had faith in her.I think her shooting will come around, just have to keep trying.Kristin missed her first 19 shots or something like that last yr, & finished the year in good shape,just have to keep shooting.
                        Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-24-2010, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                          You bet Jill will be alright. If you paid attention to what Coach AJ did after Jill missed a couple of threes! He emmediately called a play for Jill coming off a pick at the high post. AJ has faith in Jill and we all should as well. You would be hard pressed to find an nicer young lady than Jill. She can shoot the ball anytime she wants for my team.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I was looking at the stats last night after the game in the student section and the one thing that scares me is our bench scoring. We only scored four points all by Leah. That just isn't good enough. Sure we our deep and athletic and they can offer some minutes, but wow does our offense go down when the starting five are not all out there. Also, if I were an opposing coach and I saw lingle come in I would just leave her open. IMHO, she should have redshirted. She offers good rebounding and defense, but she just isn't there offensively.
                            All of that being said, I'm glad we got the win against a good team. I'm also glad the students came out and I heard good comments about how much fun they had. Hopefully they come back.
                            Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              I was looking at the stats last night after the game in the student section and the one thing that scares me is our bench scoring. We only scored four points all by Leah. That just isn't good enough. Sure we our deep and athletic and they can offer some minutes, but wow does our offense go down when the starting five are not all out there
                              It is true that in the Oakland game our bench did not score much. But the game before that our bench did outscore NDSU's. And we've had nice scoring games out of players coming off the bench. If we keep the same lineup that has Jill coming off the bench, that will help bench scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                wow does our offense go down when the starting five are not all out there
                                You can't make a trend out of a single event.

Oakland has a good perimeter game and (right now) no post game. The Jacks started four players that were taller than Oakland's tallest starter.

You didn't have to be Kreskin to see what AJ was going to do. Pound it inside over and over and over.

And the Jacks don't have the quality depth inside this year that they had last year (Oistad, Warkenthien, Boever). The game pretty much came down to Boever & Sunnarborg. Two double doubles in a single game.

You're not going to see that happen very often.

Comment

Working...
                                X