Ipfw gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipfw gdt

I thought I'd start this thread off with a very good preview article from Terry. Talks about both men's and women's games so I'm posting this in both MBB and WBB sections:

SDSU set for Summit weekend
    Terry Vandrovec - January 21, 2010

The South Dakota State women's basketball team could be in first place or fifth in the Summit League depending on the events of the next five days. The men could be tied atop the standings or as many as four games back.

Welcome to the midpoint of the conference season, a wacky time when contenders start to gain separation from pretenders.

"Every weekend changes things dramatically," Jackrabbits women's coach Aaron Johnston said. "This is still the time of year where there's still a lot of movement, and that makes it fun. It makes it exciting."
    SDSU has reason to be excited. The men and the women will play seven of their final 11 league contests at Frost Arena starting tonight. A four-game weekend set centers on a Saturday doubleheader against Oakland.

The Golden Grizzlies men (13-7) lead the league at 7-0 - two games up on the third-place Jacks - and have won 14 consecutive regular-season affairs against conference foes, tied for the second-longest streak in Summit history.
    That's hardly surprising since they have the most individual talent: Center Keith Benson has been called the best college player in Michigan, point guard Johnathon Jones led Division I in assists last season and transfer forward Larry Wright averaged nearly 10 points per game as a sophomore at St. John's.

Shining more light on the matchup, SDSU coach Scott Nagy will coach barefoot to raise money and shoes for the people of Haiti, where his adopted 6-year-old daughter was born.

Meanwhile, the Oakland women (8-10, 5-2) finished second in the Summit in the regular season and the tournament last year right behind the Jacks (9-8, 5-2). Both teams are part of a free-for-all that has five teams within one game of first place.
    "You know you can play well and not win those games," SDSU men's coach Scott Nagy said of taking on Oakland. "So that's why we feel IPFW is the most important game."

(read more)

Re: Ipfw gdt

Is the game tonight still on? With this weather I was wondering.

Comment

Why wouldn't it be on? IPFW made it to town yesterday and Oakland left town yesterday.

Comment

Good news...didn't know if they were in town yet....thanks for the reply.

Comment

TV just tweeted that he made it 15 miles and had to turn around. That is enough for me. I'll be rooting via WNAX tonight. Sounds like interstate is going to get closed even farther south than currently is (Watertown).

EDIT: I-29 to close from SF to ND effective 4:30 or NOW!

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Looks like the entire Eastern South Dakota area is shut down due to the storm.

Comment

Here's for a breakout game tonight for Jill.

Comment

this is starting to look like it might be a bit brutal tonight for the Jacks

Comment

anybody else having terrible video tonight?

Comment

15-14 IPFW, Jacks are on a 12-2 run I believe.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                      this is starting to look like it might be a bit brutal tonight for the Jacks
                      My Video is good. We're getting killed on the Glass. We're lucky to be in this one at this point.

Comment

Sunnaborg gets a put-back and it is 16-15.

Maria picks up her 2nd.

Comment

I assume there is not a TV live blog tonight?
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                            TV just tweeted that he made it 15 miles and had to turn around. That is enough for me. I'll be rooting via WNAX tonight. Sounds like interstate is going to get closed even farther south than currently is (Watertown).

EDIT: I-29 to close from SF to ND effective 4:30 or NOW!
                            Nevermind.
                            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

TV couldn't make it up - I-29 was closed at 4:30.

O starting to get cranked up 24-17 Jacks.

Comment

Working...
                              X