Ndsu gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ndsu gdt

Meh. I don't like cherrypicking. Or cherrypicking that isn't clearly identified as such.

The GoJacks.com article does take pains to point out that this is the longest streak in the series.

Comment

Hammersmith is a respected poster on this board and many others so I read his posts with interest. I think Rowdy Rabbit's post about "this year" being the one that counts has merit. At the same time, as far as trends go and recent history being some basis for predicting the near future, I'm glad I'm a Jackrabbit.

Comment

Hammersmith is just illustrating a point (that steaks come and go) with past statistics, not trying to use the past as a fall back. Let's try not to run off the respectable Bison posters please
        If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Hammersmith is just illustrating a point (that steaks come and go) with past statistics, not trying to use the past as a fall back. Let's try not to run off the respectable Bison posters please
          Who is running him off. If you can't debate someone why have the board. Many Bison posters like to refer to DII records and Hammersmith is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
            I read so many words in this back and forth bantering about records, and who is better, but all I hear is:

And Jacks fans dads and Jacks players dads can beat up Bison fans dads and Bison players dads....nu uh...Bison fans dads and bison players dads can beat up Jacks fans dads and Jacks players dads...so there.

Seriously. Who gives a crap about what happened last year, or 15 years ago. THIS YEAR, the Bison men beat the rabbits and the Jacks women beat the Bison.
            This is clearly the best statement ever made on here. The past is the past. You only have this year. I understand it is a rivalry. The only time previous year records or tradition apply is in recruiting. Other than that you don't get bonus points for having a successful previous year.
            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

There is no "rivalry" if not for the past. How could there possibly be a rivalry that has not yet happened. Bison men are better than the Jackrabbit men and the Jackrabbit women are better than the Bison women right now. However, I see the Jackrabbit men closing the gap much sooner than the Bison women.

It was ugly but the women did win and important conference game. Now we need to sweep the Bison when they visit Frost.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                67-49 is your final.
                This isn't even a rivalry anymore.
                Ninth straight win.
                Average score, 77-52.

Scores since '05-'06.
                67-49
                77-55
                95-66
                86-51
                86-45
                77-55
                81-61
                64-48
                70-36

so how do you define a rivalry? ucla beat usc in football 8 straight years from 91-98. usc has now won 10 out of the last 11 games. does that mean they arent a rivalry because one team in dominating the other? im guessing its as heated as its ever been and it doesnt matter who is dominating.

Comment

(that steaks come and go)
                  Anybody takes my steak gets a knuckle sammich.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                    Anybody takes my steak gets a knuckle sammich.
                    I usually have a fork . . . and I know how to use it . . . aggressively . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                      I usually have a fork . . . and I know how to use it . . . aggressively . . .
                      I eat my pie with a fork. Now, having written that I fully expect a few delusional backers of the Humped Ones to come here and argue that the Bison have consumed their pies (pun intended) with spoons since 1893 and therefore that makes Fargo a better town than Brookings.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                        Who is running him off. If you can't debate someone why have the board. Many Bison posters like to refer to DII records and Hammersmith is one of them.
                        Sorry, but you've got me confused with someone else(or are just lumping Bison fans together in your mind). In general, I wasn't even a Bison fan until around the time of the DI move. I attended a lot of football and basketball games because I was in the band, but I wasn't a sports fan until the very end. As for bringing up records, I only do that if someone asks a question or is using incorrect numbers.

In this case, Kemo has it right; I only posted because of the "not even a rivalry anymore" comment. I won't deny for one minute that you've been kicking our asses for years in WBB. But rivalries are more than just five or ten year stretches. We've both had long stretches of dominance over the years, but I think the overall record is fairly even(36-32 Bison?). Eventually, we'll start to split again, and then the dominance might go NDSU's way, might go back to you guys, or might just stay even for several years with regular season splits. Personally, I want to see NDSU & SDSU go 1-2 in the Summit more often than not in both men's and women's basketball. I would rather exchange league titles regularly than have NDSU on top every year and SDSU near the bottom. In the long run, I think a strong SDSU is good for NDSU, and a strong NDSU is good for SDSU.

I also looked it up because it was talked about in the TV pre-game that the Jacks would take the consecutive victory record from the Bison with last night's win. They didn't specify which years, just the 90's. I was curious about which years because that's when I was at NDSU. Stupid little story: When I was in the pep band, they kept track of how many games you attended to create the traveling list if the team went to the national championship. Coming in, I heard about all the great times that were had by the band at the previous WBB NCs at St. Louis and Boston. So I show up to almost every game to get on that list, and every NC while I'm there is held at the BSA. Yay.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                          Sorry, but you've got me confused with someone else(or are just lumping Bison fans together in your mind)....
                          No doubt there's a compulsion on ALL message boards to throw all fans of an opposing school into the same burlap bag (it's standard operating procedure for many Bison fans in the friendly environs of Bisonville: a Jackrabbit or two will wander over there and suddenly every Jackrabbit fan is...well, you pick it).

But, the Bison may have very cleverly figured out how to minimize such stereotyping: Lakes! He is sooo bizarre that any reader of what spews forth from his keyboard has to pause and think to themself: "geez, they can't ALL be like this!" and "I feel badly for any school that has a "fan" like him!"

Comment

I think we all need to take a deep breathe and move on. I have spend a lot of time in North Dakota especially Fargo these past few years and yes the NDSU fans are passionate and love to win, but who does not. I think until the move to D1, NDSU and SDSU were almost ignoring each other except when there was a good match up. I sat through a lot of games where Amy Ruley teams just destroyed us and I expected that to continue in D1, and apparently she was maybe burned out to a certain degree and AJ seem to do nothing but perform miracles and win. So maybe the tables have turned a bit, but dont count out coach DeHoff, I think she knows the game and if she continues to battle for the good recruits, there will be many close games in the future.

I would not expect us to continue to dominate in WBB forever and I think SDSU got a real good challenge out of our visit to Fargo this weekend.

I watched most of both men and women's games on KSFY tv. I think it was a neat move that KVLY in Fargo invited Thorstensen from KSFY to be part of the telecast. I thought Thorstensen worked very good with Sean Peters of KVLY. They both do daily sports on evening news and I thought they really worked good together. Neither said anything bad about the other team, and were fair in their observations about what was going on in the game. I guess because I spend time in North Dakota and know Sean Peters as a viewer and have always like his image, I am impressed that he Thorstensen worked together so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammersmith View Post
                              When I was in the pep band, they kept track of how many games you attended to create the traveling list if the team went to the national championship.
                              Stupid side question: Was the conductor the same guy they got now? The guy who looks like Custer?

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                                Stupid side question: Was the conductor the same guy they got now? The guy who looks like Custer?
                                Nope, two directors ago(sort of). The current guy(Dr. Sigurd Johnson) is Director of Athletic Bands and the percussion instructor. The DofAB is very new at NDSU(2 or 3 years now), and Johnson is the first to hold the position. Prior to that, the athletic bands were under the control of the Director of Bands. Currently that's Dr. Warren Olfert; back when I was there, it was Dr. Wayne Dorothy.

A pic of Sigurd to illustrate zoo's Custer comment:

Comment

Working...
                                X