best shooters this yr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best shooters this yr

Going by the latest stats, the best at putting the ball in the hoop are, regardless of minutes played....(1) alway's dependable Maria at 55.63%
    (2) somewhat of a surprise , Eide at 55.26%
    (3) Sunnarborg at 44.74%
    (4) Paluch at 44.44 %
    (5) Rotert at 43.92%
    So ,is this the line up for when we need to score points?Or do you go with a more veteran line up that's cooler under pressure.Of course, the best thing is to never fall behind by large margins to have to worry about who to put in when you need points.....you have to consider who has the "hot" hand too, as shooting tends to go in hot & cold streaks, unless your blessed with a player who can shoot consistently with a good fg%

Re: best shooters this yr

There are a lot of factors that go in to a player contributing to a team's offensive performance/success. Of course one of them is shooting percentage as jackdaniel has listed. I'm not saying jackdaniel eluded to this, but shooting percentage is only one factor. Having five players shoot this good of a % is more proof that our big problem (statistically at least) on offense is our turnovers.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesJacks View Post
      There are a lot of factors that go in to a player contributing to a team's offensive performance/success. Of course one of them is shooting percentage as jackdaniel has listed. I'm not saying jackdaniel eluded to this, but shooting percentage is only one factor. Having five players shoot this good of a % is more proof that our big problem (statistically at least) on offense is our turnovers.
      I would agree that is the main problem on offense. Put five ladies on the court that aren't turning the ball over at a ridiculous rate and a lot of the woes would go away.

Comment

In my humble opinion, having shooters is the problem, not the solution. There is allot of ladies on this team that can flat out shoot the lights out and that is what they did in high school. In fact so much so, it is apparent to me that power dribbling, passing and intense perimeter defense was never developed in the high school years.

Few players on this years team can see the floor when dribbling and miss by seconds an interior pass when it is there.

When these ladies figure out that strong perimeter defense and the abiliity to pass is the key to getting the win, then, and only then will this team take care of the Summit League. If they continue to rely on our great ourside shooters to be left alone in the perimeter and hit the open shot then we are toast. Other teams know we can shoot the ball and it is covered now. Can they play outside their comfort zone and make solid passes into the interior? That happend against Gonzaga, but very seldom sense.

Comment

TeamPlayer you are right...stats don't lie, our weakness's are:Scoring defense,ranked 224...Field goal % defense, ranked 227...blocked shots,ranked 222 (thought we had more height this yr?)...now the telling story ...turnovers,ranked 255...personal fouls,ranked 283 (not playing smart?)...turnover margin,#268

Now our strenghs....assist's per game,#66(not from drives to the hoop i'm guessing, but rather fast break?)...steals, (listed because just barely out of the top 100 at 109)...Three pt fg defense,#54...scoring offense,#62(scoring is apparently not much of a problem)...FG% ranked #36...rebound margin #92 at +3.1 per game ... 3 pt fg per game ,#48...3 pt fg% ranked #28
          I'd say effort is there , but so are silly mistakes defeating the purpose so to speak.Mark of young inexperienced team?

Comment

UMKC lost to Oakland last night bringing to four the number of teams following IPFW with two losses.That means every game from here on out with those teams is gonna be a dogfight. Anyone think there might be co-champs this year?

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
              UMKC lost to Oakland last night bringing to four the number of teams following IPFW with two losses.That means every game from here on out with those teams is gonna be a dogfight. Anyone think there might be co-champs this year?
              Thanks for the info, I somehow missed that.

I think we better cut down on our turnovers and play better defense or we won't be champion of anything this year.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
              X