NDSU now the best WBB team in the Summit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU now the best WBB team in the Summit

Was checking the typical spots for new Jacks info and came upon this tidbit from TV's tweet. Coach DeHoff stated that ORU was the best team in the League (paraphrasing a quote from the Forum). I would have to take exception to that since NDSU had just beaten ORU. Doesn't that make NDSU the best team in the Summit coach? I can't wait to play the Bison to see how we measure up.

Re: NDSU now the best WBB team in the Summit

http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread...352#post141352

Must've been on the same wavelength.

Comment

NDSU beat ORU by holding kelli to 13 points, and playing 3 freshman down the stretch. i think dehoff is just stirring to pot, relax.

Comment

Originally posted by CCdeville View Post
        NDSU beat ORU by holding kelli to 13 points, and playing 3 freshman down the stretch. i think dehoff is just stirring to pot, relax.
        I don't think so. IMO one of the reasons why SDSU pulverized the Bison and scattered them to the four winds last Feb. (70-36)--and you heard this from NDSU players after this game and the game at Frost, was because DeHoff thought her team had 'closed the gap' with the Jacks.

She's never really given the Jacks credit, and I don't know if that's because she bristles at continually finding herself compared to them, and finding her recruiting and game strategy compared to AJ's, or if it's for some other reason, but she's definitely come across as thinking she's got the answers--regardless of what happens on the court.

I'm not trying to play the 'nobody believed in us' card or the ridiculous Mack Brown 'it's David and Goliath, just like us and Alabama' card.

Of all the Summit coaches that we've heard from over the past couple years, she's the one who most consistently refuses to acknowledge the strengths of the team.

Now granted, there's no law requiring her to do so, and it's no discredit to the Jacks if she doesn't.

But it's a bit odd to see a coach develop such a sizable blind spot.....

Comment

I just wouldn't give a team any more motivation to play hard or prove something , as a coach ,that is..... the jackrabbit womens basketball team is not a good pot to stir....imho.

Comment

Meh...what is she supposed to say after beating a good ORU team..."We beat a good team today, but by golly them Jackrabbits are still the best team in the land. We can only hope to compete."

I think that she was just talking after good victory for a program that hopes it has turned a corner. Perhaps she meant to say "one of the best teams in the league."
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

NDSU will compete with SDSU this year, not last year though.

Comment

We will see shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  Meh...what is she supposed to say after beating a good ORU team..."We beat a good team today, but by golly them Jackrabbits are still the best team in the land. We can only hope to compete."

I think that she was just talking after good victory for a program that hopes it has turned a corner. Perhaps she meant to say "one of the best teams in the league."
                  Maybe she should read a "prepared statement", carefully read over & edited, so that these embarassing "Freudian slips" don't happen....j/k

Comment

TO be honest the women haven't won anything yet this year. Sure last year they ran over everyone, but we always talk about 1-0 each week (2-0 in BB I suppose) when it comes to looking ahead...well the same mantra can be used when talking about past accomplishments.

Everyone in the Summit respects the SDSU Wbb program. Any poster that thinks otherwise is either trying to rile people up or just isn't that bright.

Personally, I hope that there are some good, tight games this year. I think that the ease the women had last year made for some fairly boring basketball. Plus it is alot more fun to win when the other teams think they have a chance and then the ladies crush their hopes.
                    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

No, they won't.

Comment

The best message that the Jacks can send is to win ALL games in Summit play this year.

Jacks went 4-6 OOC in Nov./Dec. Right now, ORU and NDSU are higher ranked than Jacks per realtimerpi. IMHO that's due to playing more difficult opponents than Jacks have faced before. They have been learning about each other and capabilities. Tonight, Jacks need to show ORU a kerblastification.

With our OOC success, don't expect to see the Jacks get an at-large bid. However, Jacks should be on average, 20 points better than the other teams in the Summit. There may be nail biters (possibly) in Tulsa, Oakland, and Fargo, but the rest should be big Rabbit thumpings. Regarding Bison, I'd happily see them finish a distant #2 in the Summit.

Comment

Working...
                        X