Centenary GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Centenary GDT

66-22 10:42 to go. If it isn't the cold, I would use it as an excuse if I was the Ladies coach. Better than being this bad straight up.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Frost starting to fill up. Should be a decent crowd for the men.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Seems like everyone plays thier best game against us....look at IUPUI,52% fg's made, & 50% from 3 pt range,also 1-12 for the year,only win against non-div 1 school,Indiana-SE.If we get a big enough lead, we can play our reserves ,the more playing time they get, the better, but the starters have to get that lead built up first.
        A bit different than the mid and majors we beat last year that had "off" games.

Comment

82-35 final score and no apparent injuries. Should be well rested and ready to go Monday night.

Comment

That's a score we are used to seeing. ORU will be a bigger test. NDSU is the other undefeated Summit team at this point. Feb 13 should have Frost at capacity this year.

Comment

[QUOTE=1stRowFANatic;141227]82-35 final score....QUOTE]

And it wasn't that close.

Kerblastification doesn't even begin to cover it.

I loved Ketty's agressiveness tonight...she was flying all over the place for rebounds and really attacking the hoop tonight.
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks99 View Post
                That's a score we are used to seeing. ORU will be a bigger test. NDSU is the other undefeated Summit team at this point. Feb 13 should have Frost at capacity this year.

Feb. 13th and feb 15th sellouts!

Comment

[QUOTE=RowdyRabbit;141299]
                  Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
                  82-35 final score....QUOTE]

And it wasn't that close.

Kerblastification doesn't even begin to cover it.

I loved Ketty's agressiveness tonight...she was flying all over the place for rebounds and really attacking the hoop tonight.
                  Actually, what happened to Centenary's women (and, come to think of it, Centenary's men, really) is why the word "kerblasticate" (alt. "kerblastificate') was coined. Something to use when the words "soundly drubbed" or "run out of the arena" just don't quite describe how utterly dominant one team was over another on that night.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

[QUOTE=filbert;141317]
                    Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                    Actually, what happened to Centenary's women (and, come to think of it, Centenary's men, really) is why the word "kerblasticate" (alt. "kerblastificate') was coined. Something to use when the words "soundly drubbed" or "run out of the arena" just don't quite describe how utterly dominant one team was over another on that night.

We have two genres here, kerblasticate or kerblastificate, and Pattonize or Pattonblastificate.
                    Seems to me kerblast strain depicts total domination from beginning to end. Pattonblast is more of a lightning strike contest that leaves the opponent bewhildered and discouraged. Last night was kerblast.

Comment

I think we take control of games when the team really gets after it both offensivly and defensivly.One compliments the other.If we're shooting the ball half way decent, playing a "smothering " type defense, & being aggressive on offense, getting shots off, instead of momentem draining turnovers, hitting the glass hard......a team would find it very,very difficult to beat us,if they even could.I like the way the team is begining to play "jackrabbit" style of basketball.Fear the wabbit.I saw a short video of last nights game between Oral Roberts & the bison.Luper goes at the basket hard, has a nice change of direction spin move.Best way to defend her is to deny her the ball,put someone on her that's as quick as her & not let her teamates be able to pass it to her....smothering defense,no one able to pass easily....it's physicaly draining, but you can sub in players to give people a rest.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 01-03-2010, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        I think we take control of games when the team really gets after it both offensivly and defensivly.One compliments the other.If we're shooting the ball half way decent, playing a "smothering " type defense, & being aggressive on offense, getting shots off, instead of momentem draining turnovers, hitting the glass hard......a team would find it very,very difficult to beat us,if they even could.I like the way the team is begining to play "jackrabbit" style of basketball.Fear the wabbit.I saw a short video of last nights game between Oral Roberts & the bison.Luper goes at the basket hard, has a nice change of direction spin move.Best way to defend her is to deny her the ball,put someone on her that's as quick as her & not let her teamates be able to pass it to her....smothering defense,no one able to pass easily....it's physicaly draining, but you can sub in players to give people a rest.
                        Its difficult to even put a value on the Jackrabbit women's win over Centenary. I would venture to suggest that one could go down to any pub in Brookings, pick out 6 or 8 drunk women and they would be Centenary by 20. They are that bad. Can't imagine how they beat whomever they beat for their only win.

GBGBGJ

Comment

[QUOTE=filbert;141317]
                          Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Thank you for the correction. My original post has officially been kerblasticated.
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                          X