Mtsu @ sdsu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mtsu @ sdsu

Should be a great game tomorrow. Both teams haven't started quite the way they hoped and have fallen out of the national discussion, but we all know they will both be back in the discussion come March.

A win Sunday will go a long way for either team in getting back to winning ways.

Middle has really struggled in the early going with their three point shooting (32.4% on the season). The Lady Raiders broke out of a slump in a major way Wed night when they hit a school record 20 threes on 46.5% shooting. If MT can continue hitting from behind the arc, they can open up the interior for Alysha Clark.

The defensive press hasn't been as effective this season either. Part of it is matchups against UT/Xavier who passed over the press. Part of it is officiating that has lagged behind the level of play. But the majority of the struggle has been a simple lack of execution.

So what has been the report on the Wabbits? I know you have struggled to replace your losses from graduation. And SDSU hasn't played a cupcake schedule. But what do you foresee from tomorrow's game?

Probable starters for MT:
    Chelsia Lymon - G/5'5"/SR - 7 assists and 8 steals against 1 TO vs UL
    Jackie Pickel - G/5'10"/SR - Defensive stopper and deadly 3pt shooter
    Brandi Brown - F/6'3"/SR - Versatile player, threat from behind the arc
    Emily Queen - F/6'1"/JR - Does the dirty work inside with little acclaim
    Alysha Clark - F/5'11"/SR - Can't stop her, can only hope to contain her

Re: Mt @ sdsu

I'd say pick up the defensive intensity a bit,bang it inside til the perimeter opens up a little, then inside & out & see what happens.We have a very good 3 pt shooting team also, we just don't take 40 something shots a game , usually around 18 a game, shooting good%We are young & still developing, we need these games against top notch competition to mold the team into a conference winning team.On a side note, i thought we'd be up against the number one scorer in the nation when we played you guy's, instead it might be our conference opponent Oral Roberts who has that player on thier roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen Shirley View Post
      Should be a great game tomorrow. Both teams haven't started quite the way they hoped and have fallen out of the national discussion, but we all know they will both be back in the discussion come March.

A win Sunday will go a long way for either team in getting back to winning ways.

Middle has really struggled in the early going with their three point shooting (32.4% on the season). The Lady Raiders broke out of a slump in a major way Wed night when they hit a school record 20 threes on 46.5% shooting. If MT can continue hitting from behind the arc, they can open up the interior for Alysha Clark.

The defensive press hasn't been as effective this season either. Part of it is matchups against UT/Xavier who passed over the press. Part of it is officiating that has lagged behind the level of play. But the majority of the struggle has been a simple lack of execution.

So what has been the report on the Wabbits? I know you have struggled to replace your losses from graduation. And SDSU hasn't played a cupcake schedule. But what do you foresee from tomorrow's game?

Probable starters for MT:
      Chelsia Lymon - G/5'5"/SR - 7 assists and 8 steals against 1 TO vs UL
      Jackie Pickel - G/5'10"/SR - Defensive stopper and deadly 3pt shooter
      Brandi Brown - F/6'3"/SR - Versatile player, threat from behind the arc
      Emily Queen - F/6'1"/JR - Does the dirty work inside with little acclaim
      Alysha Clark - F/5'11"/SR - Can't stop her, can only hope to contain her
      Jacks will compete. The 4 - 4 record is somewhat dec'g. Two L's were to top 15 Arizona and top 15 Virginia. The lose to Western Kentucky at Frost was disappointing but WK is very good and rec'g votes. The lose to Ill St on the road was likely the most disappointing. That was a game the Jacks should have won. The Jacks have excellent balance inside and out. Add depth and the Jacks are for real.

Likely starters:

Boever 6'1" 15 pts
      Rotart 6'0" 12 pts
      Corneman 5'11" 9 pts
      Michelson 5'6" 7 pts

after that any of the following

Young 5'8" 9 pts
      Dietel 6"1" 3 pts
      Sunnaborg 6'2" 6 pts

GBGBGJ

Comment

We still NEED to cut down on turnovers.

Comment

Turnovers and defensive rotations have been the problem this year, and if we can figure those two out against Middle Tennessee State, I like our chances of winning.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

This should be a good game. They follow that with road games at Utah and Iowa which will also be tough games.

I'm really excited to see the progress these ladies have made over the last couple weeks. They haven't quite put it together for a game yet and are due to get it done.

Would love to see them come out with the guns blazing and get off to a hot start.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Re: Mtsu @ sdsu

I took the liberty of modifying the thread title from "Mt @ sdsu" to Mtsu @ sdsu" . . . I'm watching That Team vs. App State right now, and the abbreviation in the thread title was giving me flashbacks . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Looks like I'll be making the game with the wife and daughter.

This marks our daughters FIRST SDSU athletic event. She is about 8 1/2 months old. I hope it keeps her interest enough to make the whole game.

Hoping to get a picture of her with Jack Rabbit.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  Looks like I'll be making the game with the wife and daughter.

This marks our daughters FIRST SDSU athletic event. She is about 8 1/2 months old. I hope it keeps her interest enough to make the whole game.

Hoping to get a picture of her with Jack Rabbit.
                  The changing room is down the hall and to the left.

Comment

why did this game have to be at noon today, so much going on at church this morning there was no way to get to Brookings.

Anyhow... Go get em girls.

Comment

Jacks up 7-4 early. Playing good D

Comment

Eide, easy bucket 9-4 16:00

Comment

12-4 MTSU timeout. Jenni hits a big three to push the lead.

Comment

SDSU is doing a great job on D right now.. MTSU hasn't scored in 6 mins. SDSU turnovers still there up to seven already in the first 7 mins or so in the game.

Score is 14-4 11:51

Comment

17-4 jacks..

banker by MTSU at 10:45 makes it 17-6

Comment

Working...
                              X