SDSU's schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU's schedule

I think most fans know how challenging the schedule is but I went back and looked. SDSU is 2-4.
    SDSU's 4 loses have came to teams that have a combined 14-6 record. Those 6 loses have came to solid teams.
    #6 Tennessee
    #9 Xavier
    #10 Duke
    Arkansas(4-1)
    Iowa(5-2)
    Illinois(6-1)
    SDSU beat a Gonzaga team that has a 4-2 record. Their loses have come from a #2 Stanford and us.
    The only team that hasn't played well this year is Charlotte. They are 1-5. They've lost to #10 Duke, East Carolina, South Carolina, Indiana and SDSU. Those teams are mostly from power conferences so it could still be an unknown. They did go to the NCAA tourney last year, though.
    I think there are a couple games that SDSU could/should have won and been either 4-2 or 3-3 but the team is still figuring out their chemistry. They'll get there and be tough come conference time. I like how AJ has his schedule. I'm not a big fan of playing that tough of a schedule if your team can't hang with those teams but SDSU's Women's team can. Maybe the record isn't there but the team will be more battle tested because of this.

Re: SDSU's schedule

Now two games with Summit teams , Western Ill ,who lost to Wichita St. by 25, who won(Wichita) just last week over USD by 5.They also play IUPUI, who haven't won a game yet this season ,they're 0-6.Hope we can stay sharp, because then we go into rd 2 of our tough games with MTS,Utah & Iowa,all in a row.Utah & Iowa on the road.

Comment

NDSU-SDSU should be a good game this year, now that they beat Ball State, and Denver and presumely found their rythem finally.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        Now two games with Summit teams , Western Ill ,who lost to Wichita St. by 25, who won(Wichita) just last week over USD by 5.They also play IUPUI, who haven't won a game yet this season ,they're 0-6.Hope we can stay sharp, because then we go into rd 2 of our tough games with MTS,Utah & Iowa,all in a row.Utah & Iowa on the road.

Agree JD. These are two league road games the ladies must win. IUPUI is terrible and Western will slow down and make things sloppy. Neither team should stay with us. These are two games that are very timely after an extremely difficult pre-conference schedule. Jacks by 12-20 points in both games.

GBGBGJ

Comment

.......................................RATING W L SCHEDL(RANK)

91 South Dakota St. = 77.20 2 4 81.31( 16)
          122 Oral Roberts = 73.22 4 1 60.64( 323)
          124 North Dakota St. = 73.07 3 3 75.40( 55)
          199 IPFW = 66.55 1 3 72.60( 111)
          203 Oakland = 66.40 1 4 74.34( 78)
          240 UMKC = 63.26 2 3 67.02( 228)
          290 Western Illinois = 58.04 2 4 68.59( 196)
          326 IUPUI = 52.99 0 6 72.75( 106)
          342 Southern Utah = 46.71 0 6 63.27( 297)
          345 Centenary = 44.36 0 6 69.46( 179)

http://www.rpiratings.com/womrate.htm
          Here is sagrins as of now. Our schedule strength is the 16th hardest is the country.

Comment

Summit games will seem a little dull after the Arizona States, Virginia's & Gonzaga's.It should be nice for the team to get a little break from playing game after game against that formidable(sp) type of competition though. If we get a comfortable lead ,we can afford the luxury of giving more playing time out to the players who don't get too much,say against a Virginia or Ariz St.,to develop thier talents more,& give them more game experience , which helps down the road.

Comment

I'm not sure that this team has yet earned the "luxury" of taking conference opponents lightly . . . as if any team ever really earns that luxury . . . you usually get bitten hard (and deservedly so) when you start taking that kind of thing for granted.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Yea, thought the same thing as soon as i typed it, just thought i'd see if i could sneak one by.

Comment

Middle Tenn State plays #9 Xavier tomorrow, if they should win, & we can knock them off when we play them, that would be huge for our RPI.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Middle Tenn State plays #9 Xavier tomorrow, if they should win, & we can knock them off when we play them, that would be huge for our RPI.
                    It would certainly help but with the losses we already have one would have to think the only way for the ladies to punch their dance ticket is to win the conference tournament. The at-large bid is probably not an option.

Obviously, AJ has to get the team to take care of business in the conference but he has the luxury of spending the rest of the season molding the team so that they peak when we hit the tournament in Sioux Falls.

They have a deep team and once they get comfortable with each other and find their identity it is going to be pretty rough on opponents.

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Our next opponent, Middle Tenn State , just hit for a school record 20 three pt. shots against Louisville ,hope they cool off when they get to Frost Sun.A good three point shooting team you can't give them any breathing room , you have to be on them close the whole game.That means reacting to screens & such very fast.You have to keep intense on defense in my opinion & keep playing alert bb, keep your head in the game.

Comment

Working...
                      X