This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Weis, Now AJ?

I've been an avid SDSU fan for at least a decade, and have followed these forums over the past years as well. With that said, I have never felt the need to post anything, that is until now.

Sitting at the Women's game Sunday I overheard many grumblings from the fans sitting around me, which I tended to agree with. Usually we hear the term "hot seat" on Sportscenter because a coach is under performing and might get fired, and I am here to propose that maybe Coach AJ is currently on the "hot seat."

I am sure that many of the fans out there agree with this position as well, yet didn't want to start the discussion, which is why I felt the need to create an account and throw this notion out to the Rabbit supporters.

AJ is coming off of a NCAA Tournament bid, and only lost one starter(granite she was a big piece to the team, but still 4 starters return!) yet still the team is 1-3 and struggling to say the least. His players have seemed to peak in pervious years and now are almost on a down slope, which I would say lies on the coach. There is no reason this team shouldn't be at least 3-1 and in the discussion for a national ranking, yet instead the Jacks are on pace to go 8-24 which is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned, and it seemed the fans sitting around me concurred.

From what I have seen, if the Rabbits fall on Feb. 15 to the hated Yotes, I can only assume that no matter the teams record, AJ may be in some hot water in keeping the head coaching position.

Re: First Weis, Now AJ?

Dude, you need to leave this board as quick as you joined it. Seriously...have another drink!

Comment

Dang. Now that's the kind of common sense thinking we need around here.

Me? I think AJ should've been fired after the horrendous stretch in '07 where they lost five of eight before the conference season started.

They didn't fire him then, dagnabbit. But this is the last straw.

BTW: You think SDSU could get Geno Auriemma away from UConn?

Comment

One of the funniest posts I've seen in awhile, thanks for the laugh ChampionAtRisk!

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
          BTW: You think SDSU could get Geno Auriemma away from UConn?
          Now I don't think Auriemma would bite at coming to SDSU, but I have researched some possible candidates for the job.

The Front Runner
          1. Pam Borton (Minnesota) - If anyone has seen SDSU's PREVIOUS years of success, it's Borton. Face it, since Whalen and McCarville left, her team has become worse and worse, which means she would probably be willing to jump ship. (Also this may be a lesson to learn for SDSU, a coach peaks and it is all downhille from there

Best of the Rest

2. Amy Stephens (Drake) - coming off a big win against ranked Iowa State (a mid major coach who beats ranked teams???) I feel that coach Stephens would probably make the move North and build a much better program into a national powerhouse.

3. Pam Gohl (Minnesota State) - She just won a national championship and nearly upset SDSU this year with a solid gameplan. Could be an intruguing option

Comment

Also who do you guys think would be a solid replacement?

Comment

It is these type of "fans" that can really ruin a game if you sit by them. I had a couple that sat by me at the football games this year that seemed to know better than anyone else (just ask them) about how an athletic program should be run.

Take a look at the success the program has had the last couple years. And point out another team that is considered a "mid-major" that has played the type of schedules SDSU has the last few years with the success in such a short time.

Usually it takes more than one post for someone's lack of knowledge to come out, I commend you on making it obvious right away.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampionAtRisk View Post
                Now I don't think Auriemma would bite at coming to SDSU, but I have researched some possible candidates for the job.

The Front Runner
                1. Pam Borton (Minnesota) - If anyone has seen SDSU's PREVIOUS years of success, it's Borton. Face it, since Whalen and McCarville left, her team has become worse and worse, which means she would probably be willing to jump ship. (Also this may be a lesson to learn for SDSU, a coach peaks and it is all downhille from there
                Great option. The coach that has been outcoached both times by AJ is to replace him.

By that logic, if Stig loses a couple of road games next year I really hope that we can steal Bohl away. After all, he beat Minnesota and Stig didn't.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  After all, he beat Minnesota
                  Yep. He's already got that much in common with Pam.

BTW: I think it's time to fire Lang Wedemeyer. Losing to IUPUI on their home field is inexcusable.

I think we should hire Stanford's soccer coach.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    Great option.
                    By that logic, if Stig loses a couple of road games next year I really hope that we can steal Bohl away. After all, he beat Minnesota and Stig didn't.
                    I'm glad to see someone agrees with me.

And yes, I agree that Bohl may be a good add if that situation occurs. I do see your logic.

Comment

Originally posted by ChampionAtRisk View Post
                      3. Pam Gohl (Minnesota State) - She just won a national championship and nearly upset SDSU this year with a solid gameplan. Could be an intruguing option
                      Pam Gohl didn't win a national championship as she was not the head coach at MSU-Mankato last year.

Do some research before you post please.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

BTW: I think it's time to fire Lang Wedemeyer. Losing to IUPUI on their home field is inexcusable.

I think we should hire Stanford's soccer coach.
                        Looks like my post opened the flood gates!

This just in, not all coaches are loved at SDSU!

Glad I could get people talkin and finally saying how they feel about some of the sub par coaches at SDSU!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          Pam Gohl didn't win a national championship as she was not the head coach at MSU-Mankato last year.

Do some research before you post please.
                          My mistake, I meant helped

Comment

(I'm sorry guys. I can't let this continue)

Dude.

Your sarcasm detector is broken.

Comment

Okay, so you're not on board, but it seems clear that others are!

Comment

Working...
                              X