Arizona State game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Arizona State game

73-64 AZU wins, got it under 10. i don't think we play as good if the refereeing is called tightly, not making any excuses, just my thoughts...too many 2nd chance offensive rebounds for ASU played a big part in this game tooA lot of blocks from behind too by ASU

Comment

AJ too many missed layups offensively not playing good bb, inconsistent, no focus on offensive end. not passing well for offense they run. gave up too many easy looks didnt play terrible but not good enough to win. just didnt get a body on the big girl she got too many o rebounds. fouls are fouls may have took them out of rthym. Gonzaga a better team ASU is young reversed it on the Jacks ASU looked experienced and Jacks looked young. Paluch is getting better pleased with her. Looked closer to playing better than playing worse. fundamentals need to work on them. day off tommorrow play tougher.

Comment

AJ on the radio,he sure doesn't make excuses for a loss, you get the feeling we,ve learned from this loss & it's just going to make us a tougher team to beat later in the year.That's why you schedule the best teams, the experience is invaluable

Comment

If you told me we would go 1-1 in our first two games against Gonzaga & ASU , i,d say great,especially with two opponents of thier caliber in such a short time frame.So, guess I'm not too disappointed in the outcome,wish we'd a won, but not too disappointed.

Comment

Just saw the score. I read through the previous posts for a recap...thanks for doing that. On to Illinois State!

Comment

Off topic, but I watched Baylor on ESPN2 tonight against Tennessee. That Griffin girl who had the game of her life against us was almost ineffective today. I still say SDSU should've made it to the Sweet Sixteen and would've had a much better showing than Baylor did. Back on topic, the Jacks played well considering all things and like previous posters said, nowhere to move but forward from here!

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                AJ on the radio,he sure doesn't make excuses for a loss, you get the feeling we,ve learned from this loss & it's just going to make us a tougher team to beat later in the year.That's why you schedule the best teams, the experience is invaluable
                AJ is one hell of an interview. Always stays on topic, no whinning, no excuses, no nonsense. But, I bet they will be practicing boxing out on rebounds all week leading up to the Ill State game.....

Interesting he would say that the Zags were a better team than Arizona State. That is somewhat unlike him. I would have expected something like (they are both very good teams).

Great effort ladies

GBGBGJ

Comment

Methinks the Sun Devils are going to love the atmosphere at Frost next year.

Why? They got a stinking five line writeup on the official Sun Devil website, and the announced attendance was something like 2900.

That's ridiculous. You've got an Elite 8 team that gets zero love from the students, fans, and even the ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT at its home opener. Unbelievable.

Comment

High praise from Charli Turner Thorne, "South Dakota State is a team that is good enough to go deep into the NCAA tournament.It's a very well coached team."From someone who has coached members of the USA womens world university games team,it's high praise indeed.She's also vice president of the WBCA Executive Committee.If she thinks were good enough to get into the NCAA tournament, then her comments have got to be respected by the NCAA selection committee, you'd think.
                    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...21/1002/sports

But , it's still early in the season, & it won't mean a thing no matter what anyone say's, if we don't tend to business & win games.
                    Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-17-2009, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Talked to one of the players yesterday. She said the team felt like they gave the ASU game away. They're very upset with themselves. Good for them. Take it out on Illinois State and Western Kentucky.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                      X