• Show
Clear All

• letter to the editor

Was in the P&D today

http://www.yankton.net/articles/2009...b031451146.txt

Yankton Pride!

Published: Tuesday, September 1, 2009 1:20 AM CDT
    Ketty Cornemann, Yankton

This is a great time of year: cooler weather, back to school excitement and fall SPORTS!

I would like to extend a good luck and have fun to all the area high school athletes as they begin their fall sports seasons. It seems just a short time since my classmates of 2006 and I were wearing Gazelle uniforms and feeling anxious and excited about which AA opponent we were going to outplay next.

As a former Gazelle athlete and now a member of the South Dakota State women’s basketball team, I have never grown tired of hearing good luck from my community members, classmates, sports fans and friends. Your well wishes do not go unnoticed and have made the time spent in airports, hotel rooms and foreign venues go more quickly and remind me of the great community from which I come.

To all the athletes, not once did I feel under coached or under prepared as a part of the Yankton athletic programs. You are in capable coaching hands. Remember to allow yourself to soak in all you can from these influential people.

And in the end, win or lose, wear your Gazelle and Buck uniform with pride, celebrate your improvement, be a team player and work your tails off. It might not seem like a big deal right now, but in a couple years it makes for fond memories!

Re: letter to the editor

Cool

Comment

This letter seems to truly come from the heart of the student athlete. We have a number of reasons to be very proud of Kettie Cornerman. Her parents should be very proud of their daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
        This letter seems to truly come from the heart of the student athlete. We have a number of reasons to be very proud of Kettie Cornerman. Her parents should be very proud of their daughter.
        The Jacks certainly got a good one in Ketty. Many fans think Ketty should be doing more and she could. But the team player in her is obvious. The Ketty watch is out for this year. Look out Jacks opponents it her time to shine. Expect a great year from her and her teammates.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Working...
        X