Baylor vs. Louisville

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Baylor vs. Louisville

In Maryland's game, the announcers said, "The officiating in this game has been spotty at best." This was the fourth game in the women's tournament where I have heard the television crew comment negatively on the officiating. Makes me wonder, is it because it is on ESPN and not CBS? Is it because the money is so much less? Does the NCAA "expect" CBS not to comment but doesn't care if ESPN does? Is the refereeing in the women's tournament that much worse than in the men's?

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

I think you have a group of refs with a 'china doll' mentality toward the game.

They don't want ANY contact.

When you get one or two of them, welcome to a 3 hour whistle-fest (with occasional interludes of basketball)

Comment

They were discussing referreeing on Mike and Mike this morning based on the fact that they were apparently overbearing during the Villanova Pitt game. There was some very good conversation with Jay Bilas and Doug Gottleib on what they are calling and why. I felt it did a nice job explaining some of the calls that were made in the game.
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
          In Maryland's game, the announcers said, "The officiating in this game has been spotty at best." This was the fourth game in the women's tournament where I have heard the television crew comment negatively on the officiating. Makes me wonder, is it because it is on ESPN and not CBS? Is it because the money is so much less? Does the NCAA "expect" CBS not to comment but doesn't care if ESPN does? Is the refereeing in the women's tournament that much worse than in the men's?
          I also heard the comments. I want to be clear, I am not whining about the refs just making an observation or two. I realize there is surely no conscious bias towards the usual national powerhouse girls teams but there certainly is something! I watched most of the games this weekend and was shocked when I saw the Maryland/Vandy game! I have followed Maryland this season since they played the Jacks and was for them in the game but they didnt deserve that game! The refs completely took Vandy out of the their game and sent their best player to the bench. The game was very similiar to the Jacks/Baylor game in that Maryland never took the lead until about the 1min mark. After watching some of these games I think it is the coaches that get the calls. Think about this, UConn, Tenn, Baylor and Maryland all with high profile coaches, while most of all the other coaches in D-1 are pretty much under the radar. UConnn's game turned around in a moment after Geno's rant about the ref's. Marylands coach is on ESPN all season long. Everyone knows about Tenn and Baylor! I think the refs are "in awe" of these coaches at least in the back of their mind! The refs are certainly WBB Fans and probably watch games when not working a game. It would only be natural to want to be "friends!" Just my 2cents!

Comment

Louisville is going to take down MD.

Comment

Originally posted by 1bunnies View Post
              Baylor probably would have won this game if Allison would not have hurt her knees so bad jumping up and down on the sideline Tuesday night while her teammate shot her free throws.
              This is one of the best posts I have ever read here....p-e-r-f-e-c-t...

Comment

Working...
              X