Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wish I had written this before last night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish I had written this before last night...

...because it takes on the appearance that I'm not being totally sincere. I meant to write this after the women's first win in the Big Dance, but oh well. Right now I'm sure that emotions are running high about the loss to Baylor...and I understand it...as do a lot of Bison fans.

But for what it's worth...I'd like to congratulate the Jackrabbit Women's Basketball Team for its accomplishments this year. From what I've seen in the tournament so far, your team was as good as any.

I found myself cheering for the Jackrabbits last night...sincerely. I used to teach at the high school in Brookings and came to many BB games at Frost...so my heart is partially there.

What an accomplishment. One of my 'life-long' idols...John Wooden...was once asked what his best team was. He said that it was the team a year or two before they won their first championship. They went something like 14-13. He said it was because they were a 'team.' The reporter looked puzzled...and Wooden explained that this team had given everything that they had in every minute of practice and every game...and that they were champions because of that.

That is what I saw in the Jackrabbit team last night. They are champions in every sense of the word.

Re: Wish I had written this before last night...

Originally posted by CaBisonFan View Post
    ...because it takes on the appearance that I'm not being totally sincere. I meant to write this after the women's first win in the Big Dance, but oh well. Right now I'm sure that emotions are running high about the loss to Baylor...and I understand it...as do a lot of Bison fans.

But for what it's worth...I'd like to congratulate the Jackrabbit Women's Basketball Team for its accomplishments this year. From what I've seen in the tournament so far, your team was as good as any.

I found myself cheering for the Jackrabbits last night...sincerely. I used to teach at the high school in Brookings and came to many BB games at Frost...so my heart is partially there.

What an accomplishment. One of my 'life-long' idols...John Wooden...was once asked what his best team was. He said that it was the team a year or two before they won their first championship. They went something like 14-13. He said it was because they were a 'team.' The reporter looked puzzled...and Wooden explained that this team had given everything that they had in every minute of practice and every game...and that they were champions because of that.

That is what I saw in the Jackrabbit team last night. They are champions in every sense of the word.

Thanks, and I agree both SDSU women and NDSU men, seemed to have extra effort in the area of "team and they played as a team. I really did not start to appreciated how good the Women's team was until last evening. If a win over Baylor was in the cards, then SDSU would be looking at a much tougher opponent in the next match up. It would not have been easier by any means. I am proud of the Jacks.
    Last edited by Nidaros; 03-25-2009, 07:39 AM.

Comment

Re: Wish I had written this before last night...

Well stated, classy post CABison. There are a large number of Jackrabbit fans that feel the same way as you. It was also pointed out several times by the ESPN announcers. We as fans have everything to be proud of here.
      "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
      -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
      X