Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turning point in BU game....

If you can really pinpoint one...

Young had a open three off a screen with 3:30 to go...she hits that and it's a 8 pt lead, lights out. Instead, BU gets the board and gets a 3-point play less than 30 seconds later. From a 8 pt lead to 2 in 20-some seconds.

Re: turning point in BU game....

That was huge. Had a chance to go up big late in the game and we didn't take advantage and they come down and make it a 2 point game. The six point swing was large. We get an 8 point lead that late in the game, we get huge momentum.

You could also say when we got up large in the first half and they started calling fouls on us to some ticky tack stuff allowing them to get back in it. I hate blaming refs for a loss, but it is hard to deny that they did play a large part of it. We had our chances to close it out, but couldn't.

Comment

What's even worse about that point in the game is that on the 3 point play Young didn't even touch the girl. They showed the replay going to a commercial. We replayed it about 3 times and Young didn't even touch her. Sad to say, but one point could have been huge.

Comment

I can't wait to read what K Evans has to say about these posts. And, yes, I am kidding. Really couldn't care less as his rep has 'significantly declined'.

Comment

That foul on Young looked worse in realtime.

From the TV feed I thought she fouled her. On the replay it seemed touchy at best.

But yeah, Young makes that three, and it's a very different ball game.

But, then again, if wishes were horses, beggars would ride.

Comment

I thought the turning point was in the final 3 or 4 minutes State was up by 4, when I believe it was Ketty (a guy at work said Muck) airballed a jumper from about the free throw line...

That was when I knew State was in trouble.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
              I thought the turning point was in the final 3 or 4 minutes State was up by 4, when I believe it was Ketty (a guy at work said Muck) airballed a jumper from about the free throw line...

I thought the exact same thing at that point. I thought to myself WTF, something ain't right.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

Shortly after that Muck airballed a 3 from the top of the key.

Comment

I still believe the turning point was in the first half. We were up 22-8 and the officials decided for whatever reason that they needed to control the tempo of the game. We were on the verge of blowing them out, but I guess you aren't supposed to do that to a 2 seed with a HOF coach. From that point on, every little touch a fouled was called. I agree with what some others have posted, in that the best team did not win this game.

Comment

The foul on Young is one of those things that's going to get called a lot of times. That doesn't mean it's right, but it just happens more often than not.

Jill was, from what I saw, just trying to get out of the way. It's almost as if she was saying "after you" and pointing the Baylor player towards the basket. It was called by the ref behind the play (behind Jill). The replay clearly showed no contact. That's a bad call, but one that often gets made, for better or worse. Bad luck, really.

The Young miss, the foul and three-point play, and the Muck airball were really the three plays that put Baylor in a position to win. Then Griffin made the play that won it.

We had our chances. One of those 3s go in, and it's a different game down the stretch. But that's basketball, isn't it. I might have liked to see a little more humility from Kim Mulkey after the game (there was, literally, none) but I that's the way she rolls. By any measure, Baylor was very lucky to win that game.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

On Coach Mulkey, years from now the folklore at Baylor will be that she pulled herself out of a hospital bed, inches from death's grip, courageously staggered into the gymnasium and single handily inspired her team to victory. Books and a movie deal will follow.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                        On Coach Mulkey, years from now the folklore at Baylor will be that she pulled herself out of a hospital bed, inches from death's grip, courageously staggered into the gymnasium and single handily inspired her team to victory. Books and a movie deal will follow.
                        Ain't that the truth.

And Griffin's shot was from behind the backboard with three players in her face, one of them going at least 6'10", and she somehow banked it in.
                        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Movie deal?

That goes to the Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                          X