Congrats from Michigan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats from Michigan

Last edited by oldweevil; 09-14-2009, 02:28 PM.

Re: Congrats from Michigan

Originally posted by oldweevil View Post
    Just wanted to stop by and say congrats to the Jacks on an amazing season so far - and wish SDSU the best of luck in the league tournament.

My trip out to Sioux Falls was a good time, and although we had a bitterly disappointing last day out there, it was still an amazing trip. To see the support that SDSU fans give the program was and is amazing. What an atmosphere.

Hopefully we can back in to an at-large bid after the season we've had - coming into the tournament i had a sneaking feeling we would have had to win to get a bid - but if not hopefully we can make some noise for the Summit in the WNIT and get some more respect for the league for next year!!

You guys run a first-class program and i want to see yall make a run in the tournament!!! all the best.

Classy post. It would be great for both the conference and the schools if you got an at-large. Certainly deserved.

Comment

To see the support that SDSU fans give the program was and is amazing. What an atmosphere.
      What can I say? They make it easy to cheer for them......

Comment

Just wanted to stop by and say congrats to the Jacks on an amazing season so far - and wish SDSU the best of luck in the league tournament.

My trip out to Sioux Falls was a good time, and although we had a bitterly disappointing last day out there, it was still an amazing trip. To see the support that SDSU fans give the program was and is amazing. What an atmosphere.

Hopefully we can back in to an at-large bid after the season we've had - coming into the tournament i had a sneaking feeling we would have had to win to get a bid - but if not hopefully we can make some noise for the Summit in the WNIT and get some more respect for the league for next year!!

You guys run a first-class program and i want to see yall make a run in the tournament!!! all the best.
        Thank you for the kind post.

I don't know if Oakland will get an at-large bid. I'm thinking that they won't. I do think that they will make a serious run in the WNIT. I just don't know how many home games they will have. SDSU brings in hugh crowds for things like that. Of course, they won't need to worry about that again(always be in the NCAA Tourney- I hope).

I really think that Oakland and SDSU are really good for each other. I think in a couple years NDSU will be up there, too. Oakland's Women's coach is my favorite in the league. She puts a quality team on the court and is easy to talk to.

I think Oakland's crowd was impressive, too. They traveled quite a ways and there was a decent group of them. I like it when people cheer for their team and not belittle the other teams players or where they play.

I think the cheerleaders and dance team did a fine job, too. They brought the only dance team there. It was a different twist.

The only drawback for me was the Oakland band. They chanted that SF was their house. That's not all bad but why not just win and move on. They had a rabbit on a leash that they were swinging around and stomping on it. That type of stuff doesn't impress me. I guess they are college kids and that's just their version of fun.

It's tough when you have a lead in both the Men's and Women's games and lose it. But, they both made it there and put up a good fight to the end.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
          They had a rabbit on a leash that they were swinging around and stomping on it. That type of stuff doesn't impress me. I guess they are college kids and that's just their version of fun.
          Maybe I haven't been removed from undergrad long enough, but these acts don't bother me in the least, in fact, I prefer them as long as they are in good fun. These acts usually mean the game has more meaning for the teams and the fans involved (how many Kangaroos on a leash have you seen since we joined the conference), and playful taunts just add to the excitement.

I for one want us to serve Bison Burgers at the concession stand when we face NDSU, have an egg fry against Oral Roberts, and auction off a bear rug at halftime of the Oakland games.
          If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
          - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
            Maybe I haven't been removed from undergrad long enough, but these acts don't bother me in the least, in fact, I prefer them as long as they are in good fun. These acts usually mean the game has more meaning for the teams and the fans involved (how many Kangaroos on a leash have you seen since we joined the conference), and playful taunts just add to the excitement.

I for one want us to serve Bison Burgers at the concession stand when we face NDSU, have an egg fry against Oral Roberts, and auction off a bear rug at halftime of the Oakland games.
            Okay, but what are you proposing for Centenary- Ladies and Gents, Western Illioins-Leathernecks and Westerwinds, IUPUI- Jaguars, IPFW-Big wooly elephants.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
              Okay, but what are you proposing for Centenary- Ladies and Gents, Western Illioins-Leathernecks and Westerwinds, IUPUI- Jaguars, IPFW-Big wooly elephants.
              Centenary Gents/Ladies: Suit/Dress night for SDSU fans, with every good play by the jacks being accompanied by the fans doing a golf clap.

Western Illinois: Tough call on this one, I'd probably have to go with dog collar night (there mascot is a bulldog) in which the SDSU fans could either bark or howl at good plays.

IUPUI Jaguars: Fans who's message board name starts with "K" and ends with "emo" win a car of that model

IPFW Mastodons: I'm thinking the first 2000 fans in attendance should receive sample packs of Ivory shampoos/conditioners... and they should feel free to use them during the game if it is really intense and there is a lot a sweating going on
              - Steven Wright

Comment

IUPUI Jaguars: Fans who's message board name starts with "K" and ends with "emo" win a car of that model
                So your saying if I change my message board name to "Kermit Luvs Nemo" I win a car!?!? Sounds good to me.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post

http://cgi.ebay.com/1977-CASE-MASTOD...3286.m20.l1116

http://cgi.ebay.com/HANDMADE-CUSTOM-DAMASCUS-BLADE-FOLDING-MASTODON-KNIFE_W0QQitemZ370172742849QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_D efaultDomain_0?hash=item370172742849&_trksid=p3286 .c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1| 240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

These would be a couple of nice prizes for a raffle on Mastodon night.
                  An ardent supporter of the hometown team should go to a game prepared to take offense, no matter what happens.Robert Benchley
                  US actor, author, & humorist (1889 - 1945)

Comment

Thanks for the post oldweevil, Oakland women's team is very good, & you have a right to be proud of them.
                    Hopefully ,they'll get an at large bid for the NCAA, but the chances of that are slim , if they go to the WNIT, I'm sure they'll go deep through the field.
                    Both teams have a chance to represent the Summit League, both will do thier best to make the other members proud to be in the Summit.

Comment

nice walrus,

Comment

Centenary Gents/Ladies: Suit/Dress night for SDSU fans, with every good play by the jacks being accompanied by the fans doing a golf clap.
                        That is quality stuff, rep points to you.

Comment

Response of each bad call by the ref,s with " oh my! heaven forbid"
                          Would be fun playing a gentleman , wouldn't want to be one all the time

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                            So your saying if I change my message board name to "Kermit Luvs Nemo" I win a car!?!? Sounds good to me.
                            Oh no, don't reveal to everyone how to beat the system, as there might only be one car available!
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              That is quality stuff, rep points to you.
                              Nice, my first rep points! Thank you and I'll try not to spend them all at one place
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                              X