Marketing of the Jacks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing of the Jacks

I was wondering if anyone else on here thinks that the Athletic Department does a bad job at marketing the Jacks?

I was in Scheels in SF on Saturday and noticed a NDSU Summit League Champions shirt in the aisle. As of today I have not heard of SDSU doing anything with the Womens team and their Championships. I mean come on you have 5000 fans eating out of your hand right now, get the stuff out here NOW!!!

Re: Marketing of the Jacks

Originally posted by jacksfan 93 View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else on here thinks that the Athletic Department does a bad job at marketing the Jacks?

I was in Scheels in SF on Saturday and noticed a NDSU Summit League Champions shirt in the aisle. As of today I have not heard of SDSU doing anything with the Womens team and their Championships. I mean come on you have 5000 fans eating out of your hand right now, get the stuff out here NOW!!!
    Scheel's corporate office is in Fargo if I remeber correctly! Still no excuse.

Comment

I agree no excuse. I think that the bookstore could benefit from having a BIGGER stand with more variety at at the activities. We have some open concession stands lets use them to make $$$$. We should have Summit League Champion stuff all over the region. So lets get after the AD and get it going!!!

Comment

I agree with your point about Summit title gear, but I don't blame athletics. They're not in control of merchandising the athletic logos, etc. In fact, I honestly don't know who is. That's part of the problem, I think.
        Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I was told once but I can't remember for sure. It is either University Relations or the Bookstore that controls the use of the logos, I think. Maybe.

Wasn't that helpful.

Anyway, I believe this was the reason that the money was moved from the bookstore to athletic department a couple of years ago. There had been a major increase in bookstore revenue, but it was mainly in apparel and logo bearing merchandise. Most people felt that the increase was due to the athletic department so they were able to benefit from it.

Even if the above is faulty memory, it is an issue that needs to be rectified. The athletic department should be in control of the athletic logos. University relations or someone else should control the institutional logos.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

It is University Relations

Comment

At Frost during the State AA girls tourney would be a great place to have some Summit League championship shirts. With the 4 recruits and a few younger girls that have the potential to be recruited...they could be a big seller and even bigger promoter.
              One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Originally posted by 22jack View Post
                It is University Relations
                That's a problem. Not because of anybody in UR, but because UR is understaffed and overworked. I doubt if there is anybody in UR who has time to sit around and come up with marketing tactics for athletics like Summit championship shirts.

Missed PR opportunity #4,597 at SDSU. As I've said before, we're terrible at telling our own story.
                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                  That's a problem. Not because of anybody in UR, but because UR is understaffed and overworked. I doubt if there is anybody in UR who has time to sit around and come up with marketing tactics for athletics like Summit championship shirts.

Missed PR opportunity #4,597 at SDSU. As I've said before, we're terrible at telling our own story.
                  so if we put the design together and sent it to them... would they print them?

Comment

How about this as a marketing angle - stress that wearing a SDSU women's BB t-shirt will impress the ladies...

Comment

I would buy a hat with the "runn'n jackrabbit on it" "RUNN'N WITH THE RABBITS " ON IT WOULD REALLT BE KOOL , sorry, caps lock, not shouting, something about NCAA tournament too, 1st year eligible, & here we are....you'd think good marketing people could make good money.

Comment

I stopped by the bookstore today and they had "Back to Back Summit League Champions" t-shirts for sale that are blue with the new running rabbit on them. They have a big display at the front of the store.

Go Jacks!

Comment

It is great that they have them at the bookstore and you found them, I think that they need to get it in the papers, etc so that people know where to get these shirts. Oh you can rest assured that I will get to the bookstore to get mine before the rush on Monday.

Comment

Working...
                          X