Summit Women's Final on video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summit Women's Final on video

Hey I'd like to find someone on here that has a copy of the game on VHS. I don't have ESPNU so I'd like to see it and I have a DVD recorder to convert to DVD. I can make copies for us both. Send me a private message if you have this. Thanks.

Re: Summit Women's Final on video

Me 2!!

Comment

does anyone have a copy they'd be willing to burn? I would be willing to pay shipping and copy costs and maybe a little extra. Pm me too, or post it

Comment

Same here. I had a friend with ESPNU lined up to tape the game and it didn't happen. Please PM me if available. Thanks.

Comment

has anyone had any luck with espn?

Comment

I'd be willing to make copies to DVD for everyone for minimal costs if I can find someone that has the game on VHS.

Comment

We'd be interested too - we have dvr but we don't get ESPNU with midcontinent. We didn't figure this out until we tried to set up our dvr right before we left for SooFoo.

Comment

Originally posted by AugieJackFan View Post
                I'd be willing to make copies to DVD for everyone for minimal costs if I can find someone that has the game on VHS.
                I've got it on VHS. PM me with where to send it and I'll try to get it into tomorrow's mail. Although I intended to add the ESPN selection show to the same tape at the end of the game. I could wait and do that, if that would be the group's preference.

Is this going to get anyone, i.e. AugieJackFan or me, in trouble with the legal dept. at ESPN? I'm pretty sure I know the answer.
                @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                  Is this going to get anyone, i.e. AugieJackFan or me, in trouble with the legal dept. at ESPN? I'm pretty sure I know the answer.
                  I'm not a lawyer and this is not legal advice:

What is being discussed is, technically, a violation of ESPN's copyright. There is no fair-use exception available for what is being discussed here.

A responsible member of this board--since this is being discussed and arranged on this board it brings the board owner potential liability under the DMCA--should contact ESPN's legal office for advice under a very specific set of circumstances:

e.g.: "Five SDSU fans would like to obtain a copies of the ESPNU broadcast from a fan who has it on tape and will not charge for the copies. Does ESPN have an objection to this? Is there any way for these fans to obtain a copy of this broadcast directly from ESPN--since the replay is not available on ESPN360.com?"

It would be important to strictly limit the distribution of the tape (it would not be acceptable to ESPN for someone to say, "I'll send a tape to anyone that wants one"). It would also be important to stress that no money is changing hands.

It would also be important to stress the fact that all parties are fans of SDSU, and that their primary interest is in obtaining a copy of a memorable occasion for their team.

And finally, the request should ask for information about getting a copy of (or viewing) the game directly from ESPN.

----

Just my two cents. and NOT legal advice.

Comment

I contacted ESPN awhile ago about putting the game on 360 and they said it could take up to 24 hours to get the game up, still not up.

Comment

Better option:

Somebody call Justin Swanson in athletics and ask about getting a copy of the Summit League feed for the game, with Tyler's call on it. It's the same 3-camera production by Keyframe as we get in Frost. ESPN won't give you the rights to copy their programming for any reason. They just won't. I'm guessing you won't even get a response from them.

But the Summit League, I'm betting, would be happy to let people get a copy. It's on DVCAM tape (in other words, already digital) and can easily be made into a DVD.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                      X