For The Championship: Oakland vs. SDSU Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: For The Championship: Oakland vs. SDSU Game Thread

Didn't want to post this before the game,but we broke the #1 seed jinx.According to the tournament program,the last time the #1 seed won the title was 11 years ago !

Comment

number four of OU was Jessica Pike. She will be missed by them.

Comment

The players toward the end of the first half got grounded when Jenn got grounded.

Once they got grounded, it was just a matter of time.... Oakland wasn't going to keep those gaudy numbers going all game long.

IMO, the key was when Jenn got settled into her rhythm.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
          hope i gave you working fools a good playbyplay
          I'm a little late with this. Your play-by-play was great and very much appreciated. Thank you.
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
            number four of OU was Jessica Pike. She will be missed by them.
            I read the story on ESPN and saw her name. Pike played a heck of a first half. If Oakland won the game, she would have been the MVP of tourney because of the championship game. Jacks just played good defense on her in the second half.
            Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
              I'm a little late with this. Your play-by-play was great and very much appreciated. Thank you.
              I dunno I went back and read the whole thread and I dont Know half of what I wrote made any sense

Comment

hey best of luck to your women in the NCAA. I know ur ladies will represent the Summit League extremly well. Great Season to the jackrabbits. Im sure our ladies will do the same in most likely the WNIT.

Oakland Fan

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post
                  hey best of luck to your women in the NCAA. I know ur ladies will represent the Summit League extremly well. Great Season to the jackrabbits. Im sure our ladies will do the same in most likely the WNIT.

Oakland Fan

Good luck to OU in the NIT. You will represent the Summit well. You got a good team there in Michigan.
                  LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by bub94 View Post
                    I read the story on ESPN and saw her name. Pike played a heck of a first half. If Oakland won the game, she would have been the MVP of tourney because of the championship game. Jacks just played good defense on her in the second half.

Ketty did a wonderful job on her getting low and moving the feet! Ketty really decided to get phyiscal and go get the rebounds and loose balls! Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by brad View Post

Oakland Fan
                      We talked for a long while with a couple of OU players' parents . . . as far as I'm concerned, OU should be going to the NCAA tournament, too, along with SDSU--I think they're that good. We just need to get the rest of the schools to raise the level of their WBB programs so that they don't absolutely kill our RPI once we get in conference.
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by tattoo View Post
                        Ketty did a wonderful job on her getting low and moving the feet! Ketty really decided to get phyiscal and go get the rebounds and loose balls! Great job!
                        Totally agree.

Anyone else notice the lady who sang the national anthem is also a ref for the Summit League women's games? She should stick to the singing.

I agree with you Filbert regarding Oakland having an argument for the big dance. Two of their 5 losses are to the #14 team in the nation. They are a tough team and the Jacks had a lot harder time beating them this game than the last meeting in Brookings. But the odds of the Summit League getting an at-large bid for a team isn't going to happen with a "weak league". Maybe if NDSU can get back to where they used to be, the Summit League will get more credit.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                          We talked for a long while with a couple of OU players' parents . . . as far as I'm concerned, OU should be going to the NCAA tournament, too, along with SDSU--I think they're that good. We just need to get the rest of the schools to raise the level of their WBB programs so that they don't absolutely kill our RPI once we get in conference.

Oakland never got that OOC signature win. They needed to beat Purdue, Georgia, or Marquette. That might have helped their cause.
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Has anyone found a link to a replay of the game? I would love to rewatch it... I think we need to start bombarding espn about putting it up on 360 since all the other games from today are up...

Comment

Tidbits from ESPN:

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=290692571

From Beckie Francis:
                              "I saw it in their eyes, they let up and you can't let up against South Dakota State," she said. "I could feel they weren't ready for the punch and so they got punched right there in the second half and South Dakota State started believing they are as good as they are and that was the ballgame."
                              the official SportsCenter blurb is available on the front page:
                              http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/womenbb/index

Great clip of the girls celebrating at the end......

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                                Has anyone found a link to a replay of the game? I would love to rewatch it... I think we need to start bombarding espn about putting it up on 360 since all the other games from today are up...
                                Well, it should be on my DirecTV DVR back home . . . at least all but the last minute or two . . . not that it helps YOU very much . . .
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X