Jacks vs. other SDSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks vs. other SDSU

Irony of ironies. After the mixups from earlier in the year, the OTHER SDSU passed Jacks in yesterday's RealTime RPI rankings, even though San Diego State has four more losses and lost to the only common opponent, Utah, while the Jacks easily defeated Utah. Other SDSU also does not have the Jacks' quality non-conference wins.

But it does show how lesser Summit teams are dragging down the Jacks' RPI. Mountain West has five teams in the top 100, Summit two.

Wouldn't it be ironic if these two teams faced each other in the Big Dance?

Re: Jacks vs. other SDSU

Not a fan of the RealtimeRPI: Sure it was nice that they put the Jacks in the top 10 earlier in the season, but was that at all warranted? No.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
      Not a fan of the RealtimeRPI: Sure it was nice that they put the Jacks in the top 10 earlier in the season, but was that at all warranted? No.
      Back then ....in real time,yes,we were a lot higher, now were not, time weighted system, i think it's
      correctly named , real time as in present time.We're 3rd or second in margin of victory in the whole nation, but where Conn wins by 20 over a ranked opponent, & we win by 20 over a Summit League opponent (except for Oakland), they're the same thing for that stat., but not for rpi.
      I think having a high rpi early in the year got us on the radar, in that sense it helped immensely for being where we are now.I don't think we have to worry about San Diego State passing us up in the polls, unless we shoot ourselves in the foot, & lose tomorrow.NOT going to happen.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-08-2009, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I'm fairly confident South Dakota State could handle San Diego State.

I think. Never seen San Diego State play.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
        X