IPFW v. IUPUI your thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPFW v. IUPUI your thoughts?

I was not able to watch this game on the Summit site for some reason. Bought the single game package, but wouldn't accept my login.

Can someone give me your thoughts on the end of this game. From listening to the audio from our school broadcast it sounded like our player was fouled on the last shot attempt of the game but it wasn't called. Also, how legit was the foul that sent IUPUI to the line for the winning free throws?

Tough loss for our girls. I would hate to think that the refs stole this one away from them.

I'd like to hear some non-partial opinions from anyone who saw the game.

Thanks and good luck to the Jacks the rest of the way. Would have loved to have had the chance for our girls to play you in the next round.

Re: IPFW v. IUPUI your thoughts?

Watched it.. Didn't notice the foul on the shot that wasn't called but the foul that was called was a rebounding foul. FW girl trying to grab the ball from behind. Refs probably should not have called it under the pretext that they shouldn't influence the outcome of the game, ie very few penalties in the third period of a hockey game unless they are flagrant. It did cost FW. Dumb foul all around.

Comment

Stepping up on Soap box:
      If it is a foul and is not called it influences the game exactly the same as if the foul is not called.
      Stepping off of soap box.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
        Stepping up on Soap box:
        If it is a foul and is not called it influences the game exactly the same as if the foul is not called.
        Stepping off of soap box.
        I gotta agree with the man who was briefly on the soapbox. It if is a foul with three minutes to go in the first half and it happens again with three seconds to go in the second half, it is a foul again!
        Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
          I gotta agree with the man who was briefly on the soapbox. It if is a foul with three minutes to go in the first half and it happens again with three seconds to go in the second half, it is a foul again!
          In other words ,call a foul a foul, but don't call something a foul that isn't
          sorry this is an important question to the person who asked it, i just think he wants an opinion as to wether or not a foul was justified or not,i wasn,t there so i don't know
          " upon further review ", there was two fouls in question, i think i'll just bow out gracefully , & not complicate things any further than i already have.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            In other words ,call a foul a foul, but don't call something a foul that isn't
            sorry this is an important question to the person who asked it, i just think he wants an opinion as to wether or not a foul was justified or not,i wasn,t there so i don't know
            " upon further review ", there was two fouls in question, i think i'll just bow out gracefully , & not complicate things any further than i already have.

Sorry about that. I got caught up in a little thread drift. I didn't watch the game about which the original question was asked. I should have kept my fingers off the keyboard.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

It was a foul, a very dumb foul to take, the girl should of just let the other one get the ball. deep in the corner very little chance to advance it for a good shot and it would have been overtime. ref did right by calling it the way he/she saw it. Have to give FW credit though for fighting back the way they did. So far the fans have been treated to some really good basketball.

Comment

Thanks, all, for your truthful responses.

A tough way to go out for our girls after a real strong finish on the season. Just three weeks ago they were at the bottom of the conference and they finished out in 5th place. But they have much to look forward to next season, returning four starters plus Jackson, who came off the bench for us. She was 2nd team All-Conference. Hopefully they will surprise a few people in 09-10.

Best of luck to SDSU the rest of the way!

Comment

Originally posted by IPFW View Post
                  Thanks, all, for your truthful responses.

A tough way to go out for our girls after a real strong finish on the season. Just three weeks ago they were at the bottom of the conference and they finished out in 5th place. But they have much to look forward to next season, returning four starters plus Jackson, who came off the bench for us. She was 2nd team All-Conference. Hopefully they will surprise a few people in 09-10.

Best of luck to SDSU the rest of the way!
                  Hope the tournament experience in Sioux Falls was enjoyable for you to watch, other than losing today, on the foul , Purdue lost to Ohio St. today & the coach for Purdue commented that the ref's weren't going to call a foul in the last 6 sec. of a game.When i read that , i couldn't help but think," in the Summit they do"Anyway, in a game like basketball, where it's controlled by referee's, there's alway's going to be bad calls, it's unfortunate, but it happens, try not to let it get you down, seems to me your very proud of the way your team performed & rightfully so,....best wishes for next year, except against us ,naturally

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    It was a foul, a very dumb foul to take, the girl should of just let the other one get the ball. deep in the corner very little chance to advance it for a good shot and it would have been overtime. ref did right by calling it the way he/she saw it. Have to give FW credit though for fighting back the way they did. So far the fans have been treated to some really good basketball.
                    I had a good view and have to agree with SturgisJeff. My wife and I felt so bad for IPFW's #31. The minute she hit the floor you could a look on her face like she knew she'd fouled the IUPUI player and it might be a costly foul. She fouled out and buried her face in her hands for the remaining seconds. She had played an excellent game and can't let that one foul ruin the tourney experience for her. She was trying to win and bad things can accidently happen when you're in a battle for a win.

Comment

Working...
                    X