Warkenthien story in Argus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warkenthien story in Argus

Great story by TV. I always knew about her losing her parents and that she is a great kid, but his story really shows the character of this SDSU great.

Re: Warkenthien story in Argus

Great story....amazing lady. Can't even imagine.
    “Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” -Bernard Shaw

Comment

Anybody with a link?
      thanks

Comment

Here is the link to the Jenn story. Very good article.

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...03/1002/sports

Comment

Another great story by TV and a great story about a great person Jenn. She seems to have found a way to cope with all the adversy that has come her way. Losing parents is tough even in later part of life, but before you reach age 25 has to be more difficult. God bless Jenn, her family and friends that help her along the way. It appears she will be giving back all this help in the future. SDSU should be very proud of this fine person. I am.

Comment

I have to admit that after reading the story, I had to compose myself. What a strong lady. There are so many things that could be written about her, but nothing that would exceed the story of her life and how she handled the adversity. There are some people who you know are just going to be successful in life by the way they act as a college age student and Jenn is a perfect example of this and how a role model can live their lives. I think Coach Meadows quote, "I wish I knew what made her that way" says it all. You just can't put your finger on "it", but she has the "it". Jenn, good luck in life and God bless...

Great job, TV.

Comment

Wow. What a strong woman. Impressive. Role Model.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Life View Post
                I have to admit that after reading the story, I had to compose myself. What a strong lady. There are so many things that could be written about her, but nothing that would exceed the story of her life and how she handled the adversity. There are some people who you know are just going to be successful in life by the way they act as a college age student and Jenn is a perfect example of this and how a role model can live their lives. I think Coach Meadows quote, "I wish I knew what made her that way" says it all. You just can't put your finger on "it", but she has the "it". Jenn, good luck in life and God bless...

Great job, TV.
                I agree J4Life. I had to stop reading a couple of times to stop the eye watering. Absolutely the type of young person you want to know. I've had the opportunity to set and talk with Jenn and she is as personable as TV mentions in his article. I don't think Jenn fully knows how genuine she is. What a wonderful and well wrltten story. This was a refreshing story to read as we all read and hear far to much negative news these days. Jenn, thank you for being a Jackrabbit and the type of person you are. The very best to you in the future.

GBGBGJ

Comment

I'm with the rest of you, read it twice (once to my wife) and had a hard time getting through it when I read it outloud. Nothing more to say about Jenn that hasn't been said through the article. But I want to add to this thread by tossing out a BIG congrats to Terry Vandrovec. That folks is a well researched, well written article. As a journalist, I appreciate good writing...and TV's story-telling in this article is outstanding!!! How lucky can we be...to have Jenn Warkenthien playing for us, and TV writing about it?

Comment

I can't be at the game tomorrow, but for all of you that are going to be there, make your MVP posters, and be ready to start some MVP chants for Jennifer.

Comment

Go to the gym in Willow Lake ... there's a big banner that reads "Home of Jennifer Warkenthien." Gave me goose bumps to see it.

Comment

Very nice story TV!! And it really does show how special a person Jenn is. Div I stud, great student, and future teacher.
                        Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Working...
                        X