Comment

Re: IUPUI Game Thread - Fall of the Giant Jags

73 68 116 to play in ot

Comment

i think OU won by 79 75

Comment

Didn;t hear much from/about Jill or Ketty. Any thoughts/input?

Comment

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...28/1002/sports

Ketty didn't score and Jill was limited also.

Comment

This year, the Jackrabbits have five different players who've dropped 20 points or more on an opponent:

Warkenthien (six times)
              Young (twice)
              Rotert (twice)
              Cornemann (twice)
              Boever (once)

If you're an opponent, you have to try to take away Warkenthien, but that leaves lots of other weapons for the Jacks to use--and when you try to take away one player, there's always another player somewhere who's open, and the Jacks almost always have excellent spacing and ball movement on offense.

Plus, the Jackrabbits play generally solid defense.

23-2 and counting.
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

I'm really excited to Boever have a great game as she was struggling of late. I think she will be our go to person next year with the departure of Jennifer.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                  I'm really excited to Boever have a great game as she was struggling of late. I think she will be our go to person next year with the departure of Jennifer.
                  It will be interesting next year to see how they work without Jenn. Right now Jenn and Oistad are both post players that can hit the three. This really stretches the defense. Boever really does not shoot many threes. Next year it will be Boever, Sunnoborg, Westegard and Lingle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of these players shoot 3's with any consistance. I have yet to see Westegard play, but I would be plesantly suprised if she could make 3's with regularity. Without the presence of a post player that can hit the 3, will clog up the middle on offense.

I did watch some of the game that Dietel played against Minn. South and she hit a 3. Hopefully she can eventually take over Jenn's role.

Not to worry thought, I'm sure AJ will work it out.

Go State!!!
                  Go Jacks!!!
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
                    It will be interesting next year to see how they work without Jenn. Right now Jenn and Oistad are both post players that can hit the three. This really stretches the defense. Boever really does not shoot many threes. Next year it will be Boever, Sunnoborg, Westegard and Lingle. Correct me if I'm wrong, but none of these players shoot 3's with any consistance. I have yet to see Westegard play, but I would be plesantly suprised if she could make 3's with regularity. Without the presence of a post player that can hit the 3, will clog up the middle on offense.

I did watch some of the game that Dietel played against Minn. South and she hit a 3. Hopefully she can eventually take over Jenn's role.

Not to worry thought, I'm sure AJ will work it out.

Go State!!!
                    Go Jacks!!!
                    Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Maria Boever has shown the ability in the past to shoot the 3. Also, Sunnoborg has shown she's not afraid to shoot it this year in her limited time on the floor although has not proven she can make it consistently. I would say both of them at least have enough ability from that range to at least be guarded by other teams.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe Maria Boever has shown the ability in the past to shoot the 3. Also, Sunnoborg has shown she's not afraid to shoot it this year in her limited time on the floor although has not proven she can make it consistently. I would say both of them at least have enough ability from that range to at least be guarded by other teams.
                      Maria can shot the three. I however do not beleive she has attempted a three this year. As a FR she was 8 of 32 and as a SO she was 2 - 18. She really has not had to shot threes. As a FR she had her current teammates plus Megan Vogel. Will they sink down and double team her next year? I hope so. Someone will be open and that will be Kristin, Jill, Macie, Allison, Ketty, Vanessa. Not to mention Heiser, Eidie and Paluach O'my. Maria is just getting healthy and in playing shape. JUST in time for the home stretch. Will we miss Jenn, Ashley, Morgan & Stacie? You bet we will. I do however remember many of the same concerns when we lost Davis, Pater, Shannon, Megan. Cizek, Sieler, Andrea, Sarita I certainly could go on but I think you get the point. Long live the Jackrabbit tradition.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                        Maria can shot the three. I however do not beleive she has attempted a three this year. As a FR she was 8 of 32 and as a SO she was 2 - 18. She really has not had to shot threes. As a FR she had her current teammates plus Megan Vogel. Will they sink down and double team her next year? I hope so. Someone will be open and that will be Kristin, Jill, Macie, Allison, Ketty, Vanessa. Not to mention Heiser, Eidie and Paluach O'my. Maria is just getting healthy and in playing shape. JUST in time for the home stretch. Will we miss Jenn, Ashley, Morgan & Stacie? You bet we will. I do however remember many of the same concerns when we lost Davis, Pater, Shannon, Megan. Cizek, Sieler, Andrea, Sarita I certainly could go on but I think you get the point. Long live the Jackrabbit tradition.

GBGBGJ
                        Thanks for the stats on Maria's 3s. I was too lazy to look them up.

I agree on the players leaving the program. Always seems like we go along just fine with the players we have returning. I for one feel we'll be just as good next year with maybe a few bumps in the road early on.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                          I for one feel we'll be just as good next year with maybe a few bumps in the road early on.
                          Isn't that what we were saying this year too?

I agree btw.. AJ will work it out.

Comment

It's a good point on the lack of a shooting touch, on the future bigs. I don't think you'll see the new posts pulling the trigger as often from distance.

However....they are bigger girls....more true "back to the basket" posts than Maria or Jenn.

We'll give a little and we'll get a little. In one sense it will hurt to not have another shooter out there, but in another... the increased size and presence in the paint will allow more opportunities for the other players: Jill, Kristen, Macie, etc...

Comment

I just hope we continue to recruit the long athletic post's rather than the kind of player the Gophers recruit and that is that heavy, bruising type center who struggles to run the floor!

Comment

Working...
                              X