• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next years schedule

Home games: Northern Iowa, Gonzaga, Western Kentucky
    Road Games: Iowa, Illinois State, Utah

http://www.argusleader.com/apps/pbcs...rgusleader.com

So far it looks like a good schedule. I really would like to try to see us play another Pac-10 school, the USC/UCLAs or Stanford would be awesome. Also the best conference in womens basketball Big 12. like Baylor, Kansas, Kansas State, or keep Missourri. I also would like to see us keep Wisconsin, they're fun to play.
    I hope our Thanksgiving tournament has a big school for us to play like UConn, UNC, Duke, or a team thats consistently in the top 25.
    Any idea where thanksgiving tournament might be next year?

Re: Next years schedule

do you know are they having a hard time getting games due to our success or has that made it easier?

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
      do you know are they having a hard time getting games due to our success or has that made it easier?
      At the SES luncheon today, AJ said both. Some programs like playing teams that are rated and won't mind coming to Frost because of our good attendance and atmosphere. Other teams want a lighter OOC schedule so they shy away from even having us play at their place.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

question
        like if AJ really really pushed Duke's coach cause we wanted to play them. and she said they wouldn't come to brookings but we could play them next year in Durham. would AJ agree or say No because they won't come back here to brookings.
        i'm just curious if AJ has ever pushed for a game with a tenn/duke/UNC/oklahoma/stanford team?

i'm guess i'm content with our nonconference schedule tho. still some great teams.

Comment

I want to see at least two top tens in our ooc I would love to get a regular with maryland... Oklahoma... even ucon... man.. I love watching/listening to the jacks no matter who they play but the big games are so FUN...lol

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabbit_fan View Post
            question
            like if AJ really really pushed Duke's coach cause we wanted to play them. and she said they wouldn't come to brookings but we could play them next year in Durham. would AJ agree or say No because they won't come back here to brookings.
            i'm just curious if AJ has ever pushed for a game with a tenn/duke/UNC/oklahoma/stanford team?

i'm guess i'm content with our nonconference schedule tho. still some great teams.
            I don't know. I THINK he has said that he feels our program has proven itself enough that one-ways are not being considered. I expect that leaves a 2 for 1 still a possibility. Of course, I'm guessing if the buy-out was a couple million dollars he would sign the deal.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks, but you can never teach a stupid dog anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stRowFANatic View Post
              At the SES luncheon today, AJ said both. Some programs like playing teams that are rated and won't mind coming to Frost because of our good attendance and atmosphere. Other teams want a lighter OOC schedule so they shy away from even having us play at their place.
              I had to chuckle at this comment and was very tempted to speak up and see if he meant specifically Nebraska and Minnesota.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                I had to chuckle at this comment and was very tempted to speak up and see if he meant specifically Nebraska and Minnesota.
                Well Nebraska's got it tough tough tough in the Big 12. Still, Voepel's chided K-State for playing it cupcake so far.

As for Minnesota, methinks they may want an absurdly high guarantee for a three hour bus trip.

Regarding going toe to toe with your UConns or Tennessees, I think AJ has it spot on. SDSU spent the last five years barnstorming--they played anyone anywhere at anytime. I'm sure if Oklahoma or Alabama wanted them to play at 3:00AM, they'd've done it.

But you do stuff like that so you don't have to do stuff like that forever.

This program does outstanding at player development. As long as that's the case, we have a top tier program that shouldn't go begging for ooc play.

Comment

This year's OOC was GREAT as it was ALL 2008 post-season participants. Jacks could do slightly better, but it will be challenging.

I'd like to see Indiana and Purdue signed to a home n home, and likewise more of the Big 12. MoValley should be good for a game or two also.

I love the respect, and match ups that have occurred with the WNIT sponsoring organization in tourneys. They know the Jacks travel well, and support the team, hopefully that can get us into another great tourney over the T-day holiday/X-mas timeframe.

Comment

Working...
                  X