Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Indiana - Game Thread

Originally posted by Haldersham
    With only seven players, I was very impressed with IU. The Hoosiers played about as good of defense that I seen this year. I shutter to think how the game would have played out if they would came with a full roster. They are well coached, and our women often did not get good shoots. I really think its incorrect to suggest the Jackrabbit women were sluggish in starting out. The Hoosiers found a good way to match up on D and having the tall center could have been more dangerous if she had gotten more inside passes. To our credit, several passes did not make it to McKay the Center who is 6'7". She was not a prodject, but had not our Jacks broken up the plays designed for the center inside, it could have been a different ball game.

Of the entire seven, I noticed a great deal of talent. I kind of wonder if the one player from Marshfield Wisconin No 23 Jamie Baun was ever on our recruiting list.

Well on to Wyoming and good luck Ladies. Lets come out with another win.
    IU's coach, Felisha Legette-Jack, is my new second-favorite women's basketball coach. She's a class act and a great coach to boot. That amoeba defense is baffling, and she got unbelievable efforts from those seven players. Congratulations to her and to those players on a great season.
    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I agree with Jimmy Jack wholeheartedly on their coach.

Comment

Megan and Bean pretty much willed us to that win. Not to mention great FT shooting. Indiana was more than a worthy opponent. This SDSU team is another special one and I am thankful to be a part of their season.

I want to thank the administration at SDSU for hosting these 2 games. I don't know what it meant to the bottom line but it sure meant a lot in so many other ways. Anyone who wants to start casting blame about not hosting the elite 8 can stick a sock in it.

If I could be in Laramie Sunday I would be there in person. Instead I'll be listening/watching a great story continue to unfold. Its a credit to everyone at SDSU.
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

8-) Great team defense and 10 rebounds by Maria was a big factor to the win as well.

Comment

I'm thinking we should send emails to tjpardue@indiana.edu and jlfinlin@indiana.edu who are in charge of the IU women's basketball program thanking them for the class act they put on last night in Frost and congratulating on an amazing game last night and a good season.

Comment

Originally posted by BirdGrad
              Congratulations Rabbits!  I said this when we played you, they are a very talented team and have a great future with a young team.  
              BirdGrad: This is not to contradict anything said about the Birds...quick, athletic and talented. But in reference to being a young team...please check our our roster. One senior, two juniors. The rest are sophomores and freshmen. Of the five freshman recruits we had this year, three were in the game on numerous occasions against the Hoosiers. Laura Nielsen (6-2) had two goals and defensed McKay pretty well. Maria Boever (6-0) led the Jacks in rebounding with 10 (including nine in the first half), and Ketty Cornemann (5-11) had two goals and one of them a big one when she drove right at McKay and popped it in. None of them start, but all three see a lot of moments. And of course, Jennifer Warkenthien is just a sophomore and was one of the top players in the Thursday game. Just a notice to next year's opponents that we are pretty young too!

Comment

Thought you guys might be interested in seeing this

Nick,

You and the Jackrabbits ROCK! What a bright future there is in Brookings for women’s hoops! Keep supporting them and come visit if you are ever in Indiana!!!!

Thanks for the note!

Coach FIN
                Keep it up Rabbit Fans [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Comment

Working...
                X