Oakland U game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oakland U game

Time to start focusing on the game against OU. Last year in Brookings the Jacks took over at the 11 minute mark in the first and never trailed beating the Grizzleys by ten. Andrea Verdegen scores 21 for the Jacks.

In the second game at Oakland the Jacks gave up a ten point lead late in the game and had to rely on a basket at the buzzer by Andrea Verdegen to go into overtime and win by one. In that game then sophomore Hanna Reising scored 32 points against the Jacks and set carreer highs in points, free throws and field goals. April Kidd also had a big game.

That was last year and OU and the Jacks were pretty even in records, the Jacks with 6 losses and I think OU had 7.
    This year we know how we are OU is 10 and 4 with one of the victorys over a lower class Rochester College who they destroyed last year and this year. I think they only play them because they are both in Rochester. They haven't played near the competition the Jacks have losing by three to Georgia and Purdue by 28. They beat NDSU by 16 on sat with sophomore Brittany Carnago leading the scoring with 14. She played some against the Jacks last year. Shes the tallest of the Grizzs at 6' 3". Hanna Reising did not play.

Keys this year, stop Reising if she plays (illness) and also Pike and Kidd. They are averaging only 3 three pointers a game with Pike and Reising doing most of the damage from there. This will be a tough game me thinks.
    They must want a crowd there for the game and if your in the area its free admission to the first 1,000 people to the game. Make that 998, me and the wifey will be there early.

Re: Oakland U game

At the time Georgia almost got beat by Oakland, they were playing pretty lousy, (Ga. that is)because the very next game they played, they got beat by Detroit,who are 5-7 now in the Horizon leauge,& who havn't beat anyone of note since.Georgia is playing very well now, having lost by only 2 to # 16 virginia.

Comment

anyone know if they will have free video on-line like the did for the men's game?

Comment

This is probably the toughest test between now and March. More than any game, it will be important to get on top, early.

Comment

confidence to go out & beat anyone they play is no problem , performing on the court like they have been is the key , focused on the objective, (winning),& playing all aspects of the game well, rebounding , keeping turnovers down , etc.will get them another win.
          I think a lot to do with success has got to do with just sheer energy & effort, that's why 5'7" Jill Young can come up with 9 rebounds, she works hard & really goes after them, as does the whole team as a matter of fact, they all work hard at winning ,& they're successful at doing just that.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
            anyone know if they will have free video on-line like the did for the men's game?
            Don't know about the free video but if video is not available through gojacks you can go to the Oakland U site and sign up for their monthly pass for $6.95, Just cancel it after the game. Also CBS college sports will probably have the gametracker, OU will have it also. Don't know why gojacks will only have audio for this one.

Comment

Since OU has the video feed, you can get the video feed via GoJacks.com. Downside is that you'll also get the OU "audio", which may be like the IPFW video, non-existent. I'm lucky that I can hook in two computers and get Tyler on one and the silent video on the other.

Looking over the remaining schedule, OU is the lowest rated RPI team on it, and this is on their home court. Should be the toughest game for the Jacks til Summit conference. Glad that it's right after the fantastically challenging OOC schedule, so that the ladies have seen tough teams and beaten all but MD.

In the IPFW game thread, someone asked about Sunnaborg's status. I had heard she was hurting in another game thread, is she injuried, or with a FULL compliment of players, she's just the last off the bench?

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                In the IPFW game thread, someone asked about Sunnaborg's status. I had heard she was hurting in another game thread, is she injuried, or with a FULL compliment of players, she's just the last off the bench?
                Her dad told me two weeks or so ago that she was having some back problems. Don't know if that is still the case, because I've wondered also about it. Have to think that if she was ready to go, she would have surely seen some time in the IPFW game when we were up so far in the second half.

Comment

Since OU has the video feed, you can get the video feed via GoJacks.com. Downside is that you'll also get the OU "audio", which may be like the IPFW video, non-existent. I'm lucky that I can hook in two computers and get Tyler on one and the silent video on the other.
                  A cool trick...

Copy the link of the JTV popup window after signing in at GoJacks.com. Then open a new window (or tab) in your web browser, paste the JTV popup address, and there ya go, two JTV windows without the second computer. You can click on the video in one and the audio in the other. The timing of the audio may be off, so you might have to hit stop and reopen the audio to get it to buffer more in sync.

Comment

I wish this were a home game, it would be one of the few I would be able to drive up for this month... oh well...

go get them ladies.

Comment

im just sitting here waiting for the minutes to tick by untill tip off. Guess i could try to clean the office a little now cuz i sure know i wont be doin that when the game is on. these ladies are something special this year. I feel like a kid waiting for christmas to come around when I am waiting for womens basketball games to start. I get all giddy waiting for them to start and just like Christmas I am never disapointed by what I get. Is it to early the chalk up another win yet?
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                        I wish this were a home game, it would be one of the few I would be able to drive up for this month... oh well...

go get them ladies.
                        Actually its kind of nice to have this one on the road since the students are gone. Students will be in school when Oakland visits Frost. It may be a slight advantage for us not have their students for this game. Which in my humble opinion is a very big game if the lady Jacks are going to run the table.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Since OU has the video feed, you can get the video feed via GoJacks.com.
                          I can't see that video is available on GoJacks...says just audio (I get 910 so have audio). Am I looking in the wrong place RR??

Comment

Just got the game on, not a good start. lets calm down and make some shots.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Sound familiar? Jacks down, 6-0, in early going according to GameTracker

Comment

Working...
                              X