Potential Historic Week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Historic Week

There have been a lot of great things that have happened since SDSU made the transition to Division I. They are well documented on this board. The level of pride I feel in our programs has never been higher than it is now!

This week may very well hold something very special for Jackrabbits fans. The possibility of a Top 25 Ranking for the Women's Basketball Team. It's still hard for me to quite grasp it but it could, should happen! Not in some subdivision but at the highest level!

Where am I going with this? Well, who knows what the chances of watching a top 25 ranked Jackrabbit team in any sport other than football will be in the future. We have the chance right here, right now and I would encourage anyone who is a fan of basketball to get to Frost Arena and watch these ladies get after it. If things continue, this team will not only make the NCAA tournament but they will be a team that absolutely nobody wants to play. The future of our women's program is extremely bright but who knows if they can continue this kind of pace. Of course, I hope they do but it would be an unrealistic expectation.

If AJ read this he would say we have a lot of season yet and let's not get overconfident. He'd be right. However, there certainly isn't anything wrong with the fans marking a milestone and this one is huge. Who knows how long AJ will be with us? I hope he spends his career at SDSU but I would be excited for him if a higher opportunity arises. He may have no desire to leave. Only he knows. With the start the team has had this year he will no doubt be on the radar for other universities in much bigger conferences. My guess is the more people we put in the stands, the better offer we can make to keep him at home.

All I know is we need to enjoy the moment this week and savor the rest of the season which is certain to be one that no Jackrabbit fan will ever forget! There are 9 chances to see the team in Frost Arena, plus the Summit League Championships in Sioux Falls, and a likely opportunity to watch them in either the NCAA Tournament or the WNIT.

Keep up the great work ladies!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Potential Historic Week

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
    There have been a lot of great things that have happened since SDSU made the transition to Division I. They are well documented on this board. The level of pride I feel in our programs has never been higher than it is now!

This week may very well hold something very special for Jackrabbits fans. The possibility of a Top 25 Ranking for the Women's Basketball Team. It's still hard for me to quite grasp it but it could, should happen! Not in some subdivision but at the highest level!

Where am I going with this? Well, who knows what the chances of watching a top 25 ranked Jackrabbit team in any sport other than football will be in the future. We have the chance right here, right now and I would encourage anyone who is a fan of basketball to get to Frost Arena and watch these ladies get after it. If things continue, this team will not only make the NCAA tournament but they will be a team that absolutely nobody wants to play. The future of our women's program is extremely bright but who knows if they can continue this kind of pace. Of course, I hope they do but it would be an unrealistic expectation.

If AJ read this he would say we have a lot of season yet and let's not get overconfident. He'd be right. However, there certainly isn't anything wrong with the fans marking a milestone and this one is huge. Who knows how long AJ will be with us? I hope he spends his career at SDSU but I would be excited for him if a higher opportunity arises. He may have no desire to leave. Only he knows. With the start the team has had this year he will no doubt be on the radar for other universities in much bigger conferences. My guess is the more people we put in the stands, the better offer we can make to keep him at home.

All I know is we need to enjoy the moment this week and savor the rest of the season which is certain to be one that no Jackrabbit fan will ever forget! There are 9 chances to see the team in Frost Arena, plus the Summit League Championships in Sioux Falls, and a likely opportunity to watch them in either the NCAA Tournament or the WNIT.

Keep up the great work ladies!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
    Great POST SB!

I'll note that we have two more HOME GAMES IN DEC.

Dec. 17 vs UC-Davis - 2008 Reg Season champ of the Pacific Coast Conference
    Dec. 21 vs Valpo - The last team with RPI < 100 Jacks will face this year.

GET OUT AND BACK YOUR TOP 25 JACKS WBB TEAM!

Comment

Valpo played Notre Dame tough last night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=283482674

Notre Dame finished with a 13-4 run to beat Valparaiso 63-55 on Saturday.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Valpo as a home game, is right in there with Wis & Utah, and our WNIT games.

They may make the post-season, but will need to show that they can beat UW-GB in the Horizon.

Comment

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_Women.html

This rating has a tendency to be a fairly poor indicator of top 25 AP/ESPN, and rarely matches Vaperin (the best overall rating).

What I do like about it is that it shows good wins/bad losses for each team. Jacks are rated 8, and Wisconsin is #7. Valpo is #74 in this ranking system.

Comment

Weather holds up, I'll be at the Valpo game.

Comment

So how many people other than me are sitting at your puter checking the espn link for the coaches poll like every five minutes??

Also, I have been going back and checking other teams fan sites and rereading through their comments about the Jacks after and during the games and the funniest thing is each one sounds the same...

amazing TEAM, great outside shooters, best team we have played this year... etc etc... and yet... they all say... but "we" meaning their teams...had an off night...

I just wonder at what point, does it stop being an opposing team's off night and the Jacks D causing their off night?

sorry.. end of rambling

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                So how many people other than me are sitting at your puter checking the espn link for the coaches poll like every five minutes??

Also, I have been going back and checking other teams fan sites and rereading through their comments about the Jacks after and during the games and the funniest thing is each one sounds the same...

amazing TEAM, great outside shooters, best team we have played this year... etc etc... and yet... they all say... but "we" meaning their teams...had an off night...

I just wonder at what point, does it stop being an opposing team's off night and the Jacks D causing their off night?

sorry.. end of rambling
                Easy - when Jacks perform well in the big Dance. If Jacks get into, and hold top 25, could Jacks actually snag a favored seed (#8 or less)? IIRC, Marist had a low seed last year, entering with a 3X-1 record.

Comment

Working...
                X